Software Instrument tracks all mono? [SOLVED]

Amber

In my template, I have every instrument track in my environment available (256?) blank. Sometimes I load channel strip presets, which change to mono, but if I open Kontakt in stereo for example on an empty blank instrument track, it will stay mono. Tried adding stereo plugins etc to switch it over but no luck.

Finding it very irritating and can't fix it.

any ideas?

Edited by Amber

Hi Amber,

You shouldn't need any blank software instrument channel strips in your environment, as Logic can easily create them on the spot when needed using its automatic management of channel strip objects. The easiest way to use that is to start from the Empty Project template. You can also select that option under File > Project Settings > Audio.

Also, under Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio, make sure that Universal Track Mode is selected?

David,

I do it like this due to how I like my environment window. I hate the Mixer window and like to set out all my busses and sub busses and FX bus etc in a pattern. Same with all my Audio tracks and instrument tracks in blocks of 16. Similar to how Charlie Clouser has described in a few posts.

Universal track mode is selected.

Any idea about the mono thing? Only option is to load a basic channel strips in every instrument, then deselect everything to make it blank. Or possibly add a Gain plugin. It will change the channel to stereo, but if I remove the plug in, it reverts back to mono.

Okay figured it out. I had EQ on every track. Turns out I need to load an instrument being stereo first and only then can I have the option to load a stereo EQ. Removing the EQ allows me to load a Kontakt stereo instance and have it actually be stereo.