Setting default metronome settings?

Alsklaftsk123

It should remember them. For further help, add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)
  • OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)
  • Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)
  • Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)
  • Memory (e.g. 2GB)
  • Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)
  • MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

• 7 years later...

David, I have the same problem. I want Logic to globally keep metronome off during recording.

When I set that in project settings, it only works for that project and not any subsequent new projects, reverting back to "use metronome when recording". Is there another way to fix this?

(I just joined today. This is my first post)

All the best

Rick

20 hours ago, Rick Veneer said:

When I set that in project settings, it only works for that project and not any subsequent new projects, reverting back to "use metronome when recording"

That's the normal behavior: project settings are individual for each project. 

What you could do is save it in your preferred state in a template that you'll use to start any new projects, however for existing projects you'll have to change that setting (and re-save the project) one by one. 

• 6 months later...

Well, I guess I've made it in a way that makes logic remember it for new projects, etc. You have to open the metronome instrument (it can be seen if you go to MIXER WINDOW and click in ALL to see all the channels). Its name is Klopfgeist. Then you change the parameters you want, and then save this version as a DEFAULT version at the left top of the window. It will be called USER DEFAULT. And it's done. I hope it helps others to solve this issue. Thanks.

5 hours ago, airforceguitar said:

save it as a #default .pst from Klopfgeist.

Just choose Save As Default from the Klopfgeist setting pop-up menu. 

You can also adjust the Metronome settings under File > Project Settings > Metronome. The Volume setting will be applied to the Klopfgeist channel strip volume fader across all your projects. The Tone setting will be applied to any new project you create from a new empty project.