MIDI Bug in Logic Pro X 10.1 w/Audio Clips

noisenet

I'm running Logic Pro X, just upgraded to version 10.1.

Opening a couple of older projects tonight I'm noticing what, at first, I thought to be different kit piece mappings in Steven Slate Drums v.4 (latest update) for a MIDI drum track. For instance, in one project I'm hearing open hats where originally it was only a semi open hit (MIDI note A#1). I'm also hearing the 'snare rolls' sound fairly loudly whereas before they were barely discernible. (Midi note A0).

Like I said, I at first thought somehow my mappings had somehow gotten twisted. Then, on a whim I restored Logic version 10.0.7 from Time Machine and loaded the exact same project. Boom, everything is back to how it originally was!

So then I load it in version 10.1 - Boom, it's sounding wrong again LOL!

I made a short clip of the same two drum parts as played, correctly in v.10.0.7 and then incorrectly in v.10.1

This is the exact same project file, nothing altered between the two versions. Have a listen...

Correct - Version 10.0.7...

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/senesmusic/drums-correct-lpx-1007[/soundcloud]

Incorrect - Version 10.1...

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/senesmusic/drums-correct-lpx-1008[/soundcloud]

Any ideas what could be causing this? Possibly a new setting I need to be aware of and change? I really love the improvements in 10.1 but I need things to also work as they always have in this regard....

• 2 weeks later...

#1 is definitely the better way as all those reports are sent directly to the Logic team, who reads all of them and organizes all bugs/feedback in a large database used by the developers.

#2 is probably not going to help at all.

#3 helps also as some of the Logic teams reads it, our own Bug forum: Logic Pro X Bugs & Workarounds