Missing Software Instrument - Alchemy??

YosserTenThousand

is this related to recent garageband update possibly?

Definitely. That patch wasn't there before the latest Garageband update, and now there's an Alchemy framework inside the Garageband app.

Looks like Logic users are getting Alchemy after all, and hopefully really soon because having patches that don't work like this one is pretty lame.

J.

is this related to recent garageband update possibly?

Definitely. That patch wasn't there before the latest Garageband update, and now there's an Alchemy framework inside the Garageband app.

Looks like Logic users are getting Alchemy after all, and hopefully really soon because having patches that don't work like this one is pretty lame.

J.

Yeh it is a bit of a weird way to do it, can only mean an update is imminent! :D

I keep wanting to install garageband to play with this new synth seems cool...

Will probably just wait till it comes to logic so I can actually use it in one of my projects.

Would love to see logic take their time with this overall tbh even though I want this as bad as anyone. Id love to see some camel audio touch on some fx too and not just an integration of alchemy.

Really excited to anticipate any official news on this.

I might be wrong but don't think you can really play with the software instruments in garageband, i don't use it much but from what i can see your limited to smart controls only and never see the face of the synth behind the sounds.

As much as i want a new synth i agree, i would rather wait and it be done properly, including further bug fixes and hopefully improved stability.

Excited about the idea of an update coming soon. Actually, I'm really happy with the latest version, and I have more than everything I need to make music... but Alchemy would definitely be a great addition!

That said, I REALLY wish they would have chosen to update the EXS24 first. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ESX 24 has never had a better team to get an update tho... redmatica and camel audio working on an esx update is literally insane to think about imo.... hopefully all parties are involved in the update..

logic team knows we want an esx update, its just a matter of when they are going to give it to us.

Yep same thing here. And seems thag Garageband users who owned Alchemy are no longer able to use their plugin. It crashes GB.

Do you know where this was reported? Makes me concerned that Apple might break Alchemy in Logic.

Sorry for the delirium :mrgreen: I read this here

Now there's a wicked joke. New Garageband AU scanner crashed trying to scan Alchemy!
http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1155010&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1#1155010

Sorry for the delirium :mrgreen: I read this here
Now there's a wicked joke. New Garageband AU scanner crashed trying to scan Alchemy!
http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1155010&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1#1155010

No worries. I must be getting jaded these days about software devs. Apple causing an incompatibility issue wouldn't have surprised me.

No worries. I must be getting jaded these days about software devs. Apple causing an incompatibility issue wouldn't have surprised me.

Me either. Another quote:

Try opening Alchemy from within Garageband & this is what you get:

'Use of the requested audio unit(s) require lowering the security settings for "GarageBand". Are you sure you want to proceed?'

Comedians.

On my side, once I installed the last Yosemite and Garageband and launched a GB project, I got the same message. That surprised me. The only 3rd party plug I have on this project is Ozone 4. No such message with LPX.

Apple is really playing a strange game here.

Me either. Another quote:

Try opening Alchemy from within Garageband & this is what you get:

'Use of the requested audio unit(s) require lowering the security settings for "GarageBand". Are you sure you want to proceed?'

Comedians.

On my side, once I installed the last Yosemite and Garageband and launched a GB project, I got the same message. That surprised me. The only 3rd party plug I have on this project is Ozone 4. No such message with LPX.

Apple is really playing a strange game here.

What's strange?

Using third-party plugins is risky, it can cause various issues an inexperienced user (which GB is aimed at) won't be able to handle.

its the same as when you need to change security settings in System Preferences in order to install software from unidentified developers.

It's just a disclaimer, it might turn a way an inexperienced user before he installs something that will hog his CPU and Memory and then complain to apple that his GB is broken.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just recently switched to Logic Pro X from Garageband. I have the same problem where I can't edit my songs in logic pro because it doesn't have the "alchemy plug-in" like my garage band does. How can i fix this because I paid for logic and seemingly can't even use it now.