Global text in score editor

denitronik

Is there a trick to get global text in the score editor.

I read the LPX manual on this subject and can seem to understand why is almost never works. I say almost because sometimes is does work.

I'm just trying to put a song title. I drag a TEXT object from the score inspector to the top margin of the score ( in score view) and the text is only linked to the top instrument, not the whole score and to each individual instrument. I tried this with the default "All Instruments" score set and with my own score set. I still get a very inconsistent result.

In addition to Atlas's comments let me add this.

1/ Turning on guides for selected or dragged objects helps you determine the root anchor point of the global text object.

2/ Turning on margins can be very handy as well to see where the guides terminate.

3/ You should try to insert global text by not dragging it over staves/measure but by coming in from the top or side. When the help tag has a negative number for the bar ( then you are inserting global text) however that is not the case if you drag it across staffs first - you will then get a bar number, however while you may think it will attach to the bar - if you drag up outside the page boundaries and back in again the guideline will attached as global text ( even though the help tag indicates a measure).

4/ Remember as long as you get it in as global text, you can always change whether it in the Free/Top/header etc by using the inspector. ( this is my workflow - get it in as global text and then use the inspector to attach it as appropriate rather than trying to drag it to a specific location.

Thoughts - "for song titles" - I prefer to use the free zone as the position of the text is not altered should you change the margins or the headers. Just my preference. See animation below for visual on guidelines, help tag, inspector zones and margins.

319987693_globaltext2.thumb.gif.77442b23fed3e25b1a37b3996d0b4c38.gif

adding global text