Reversing Audio Files [SOLVED]

Euphorial

After doing what I thought would be enough research to finally yield some sort of answer to my question, I still have nothing.

I am trying to simply reverse an audio file that I have created.

I first recorded a MIDI piano chord using East West Pianos Gold. After that I BOUNCED it as an AIFF. I then imported the audio file and went into my sample editor to the "function" drop down menu. I can't do anything (all gray).

I have also tried this as a WAVE file, which didn't work. I also have tried EXPORTING the file as a WAVE and AIFF, which also didn't work. I have read other threads on here, and watched two tutorial step-by-step videos. Those didn't help at all. They would simply say "and there you go!" at the end, leaving them with a nice reversed audio file and me with nothing.

I would appreciate any help, because as of now I can' do ANYTHING in the sample editor... kinda disappointing. I haven't had trouble like this for a long time.

Thank you!

Maybe a better question would be how do I turn an audio file into a mono track (the little circle), because I am able to reverse THOSE tracks. I just can't do anything to my converted MIDI track (whatever the hell that pentagon circle symbol means).

Means surround. Make sure you export a mono or stereo file, not surround. The operation was right, the format was set wrong.

What version of Logic? Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines (#5)

Make sure none of the channel strips in your Mixer have a surround output. Click All (top right) in the Mixer to see also the PreListen channel strip, maybe that's the one that's set to a Surround Ouput.

Click-hold the Surround output and choose Stereo Out.

Then Bounce.

Edited by David Nahmani

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi there,

I have the same problem only worse!

We are running Logic Pro in an education environment over a network.

I am using mono audio which is from sampleswap.org, NOT an Apple Loop. (I made mono from stereo by splitting and renaming method).

When I try to reverse the audio I am getting the same greyed out issue for all destructive processes.

We are running Logic Pro 9 on a 21.5" Late 2012 iMac

Many thanks in advance

• 4 months later...