focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp and logic

beefheart1

Wonder if anyone can help? I'm a beginner to logic. I'm running pro 9 on a Mac OSX Lion and have installed a Focusrite Pro 24 DSP (with VRM) as my interface. Everything was working fine with Logic defaulting to the Focusrite and, accordingly, allowing me to monitor my sound as I record via a pair of Rokit 5 speakers (which are plugged in to the focusrite); however, I have now installed a Korg PadKontrol midi controller to allow me to play my own beats / drum patterns and since this no sound is coming out via my Rokit monitors and a sign pops up when I open Logic informing me that monitoring via the previous selected route (I.e: via the focusrite and my Rokits) is no longer available. I have tried to remedy the situation but, unfortunately, have not managed this. Any suggestions? (If so, please explain it to me as if I was a child!!!). :?

I'm away from my gear right now, but from what you describe as your setup, you shouldn't be having these problems, IMO.

Merely hooking up a MIDI controller shouldn't make your sound output suddenly stop working. :?

I use a Focusrite Saffire via Firewire to my Mac pro (running Snow), which then feed signal to Rockit 5's via balanced TRS cables, and I use an Akai MPK 49 keyboard as a MIDI controller via USB.

Definitely go to the Utilities folder in OSX, with all your gear connected to the Mac, and open "Audio MIDI setup", which should show you what you're using as an audio interface, MIDI controller, etc. IF it all appears to be correct, check your audio prefs in Logic as well.

I never had to set up anything funky to get the gear working as advertised. Maybe Lion has changed something I don't know about?

Hopefully someone else will chime in...