How to get DP Conductor track into Logic session [SOLVED]

paddyryan

I am recording drums in a logic studio. I want to get my DP conductor track(s) in to the Logic project(s) so the markers and tempo/meter changes are in place.

I saved a midi file "type 0 - tempo meter map only" for each song. This has worked well in the past with pro tools.

My drummer claims the midi files "wont load" in logic.

I'd like to give him precise instructions but i am unfamiliar with logic and dont know what those instructions are.

Should he open them in a new logic project? Drag the midi file in to the conductor track?

Or???

Can any one help??

Thanks!

Paddy

It's been a foible of Logic's for years that MIDI files prepared in other DAWs don't always open successfully. The trick is to have at least one (if only one) note in the MIDI file along with the conductor track data (tempi, etc.). So in preparing the MIDI file, include one region which contains any note at 1.1.1.1 (optionally, you can place another note at the very end. These two notes now act as markers to satisfy everyone that the file loaded correctly at the beginning and the end).

That's the formula I ask colleagues running DP as well as PT to follow when sending me MIDI files, and it works 100% perfectly every time. But without that one note in there? Fuggedaboudit! :|

:mrgreen:

JUst to note, I did not have "at least one MIDI note" in the file as suggested may be necessary, but it seemed to work just fine anyway.

Well, that's good to know. If only it worked that way on my system, cuz it don't...

:(

Curious to know, what version of Logic are you running?