No waveform showing in region [SOLVED]

melodea

I recently have the problem that when I record my guitar signal thru my audio interface (tc near or Guitar Rig 3) the wave form of the recording doesn't show in the region. When I open the sample editor I can see the waveform. As soon as i change the level of the signal in the sample editor (make it higher OR lower) boom, the wave form shows in the region. Does anybody have a clue?

You can also do this.

Click/hold the Waveform Zoom button near the bottom right of the Arrange Window.

Move the slider up until you like the size of the waveforms in the Arrange.

Now, lock your screenset then Save.

If the screenset you are using is already locked, unlock and re-lock it then Save.

Keep in mind that that won't fix having your recordings late or early if you don't set the recording delay to where it should be.

J.

Keep in mind that that won't fix having your recordings late or early if you don't set the recording delay to where it should be.

Yup. I knew I should have posted this last bit of information.

My recording delay is set properly to 0 yet in many of my projects the audio regions show nothing but a flat line until I implement the procedure I posted above.

You can also do this.

Click/hold the Waveform Zoom button near the bottom right of the Arrange Window.

Move the slider up until you like the size of the waveforms in the Arrange.

Nice. I don't know how I didn't know this tip. I always just click the button. I didn't know you could fine tune it.

The more you know... :mrgreen:

Thanx for the replays!

to set the recording delay to 0 did the trick, even though I have no idea how it ended up on a value of 677!!

I've set it previously to the proper value which I figured out learning from the fantastic videos by MacProVideo.com.

The proper procedure is shown in video Nr. 18 from "Logic's Latency toolbox".

You can find the particular video also on youtube:

I can really recommend the Logic series from MacProVideo.com

melodea

Seeren & Jordito,

After refreshing my overviews in the Sample Editor, the waveforms do appear in the arrange window, but now they show it as an overloaded recording.

Also, now when I record something new after resetting to zero, it also shows as overloaded. It looks fine in the Sample Editor.

Thanks guys,

Don

Seeren & Jordito,

After refreshing my overviews in the Sample Editor, the waveforms do appear in the arrange window, but now they show it as an overloaded recording.

Also, now when I record something new after resetting to zero, it also shows as overloaded. It looks fine in the Sample Editor.

But, does it sound overloaded?

What if you adjust the vertical zoom using the slider Scott Jackson showed a few posts above?

J.

Bingo!

1) Reset delay slider to zero. (What must have created the problem in the first place)

2) Refresh the Overviews in the Sample Editor. (This brings already recorded waveforms back)

3) Adjust the Vertical Zoom Slider at the bottom of the Arrange window.

Thanks to Jordito and Seeren for solving this problem!

Don

• 3 years later...

Just want to say THANK YOU to the original poster of the solution to this:

Solution being: Reset delay slider to zero

This saved my day / session / (life?). Like others, I have NO idea how it got set to 3200-something; must have hit it by accident. But I was freaking out when I was getting a flat-line during a vocal session. And I use comp takes all the time and depend on the waveforms for that.

So, even a few years later ... another "+1" for "Reset delay and update view"! :)

• 4 years later...

Does anybody know why the tracks on the arrange window (top of the picture) do not show a sine waveform like it would be expected of most instruments but instead two symmetric sine waves above and beneath the axis, whereas the sample editor (bottom of the picture, accessed just by double clicking on the track) shows indeed a sine waveform for the same track?

220807778_ScreenShot2020-01-08at15_12_30.thumb.png.d7e280614544e9bd5d91278e556417a4.png