Removing a Track from the Arrange Window

DigitalAmbience

Right click on the aux track in the mixer and de-select show in arrangement. It should remain in your mixer, but not on the arange page

:?

My bad, was doing this from memory. Actually It looks like you can just select it in the arrange page and hit the backspace key, it will remove it from the arrange, and place it back in the mixer, but right at the far right (in my case)

For myself when I hit the 'Delete' key it deletes the track from the entire session, and doesn't place it back into the mixer. Is there a preference somewhere to adjust this behavior, or is this just a Logic quirk to work around (which is fine cuz I can just Hide the track in the arrange window)?

Thanks for the help thus far!

The aux is being used. It is being fed via one of Kontakt's Multi stereo outputs and is carrying the "clean" sound. I am also bussing this aux's signal (via send) to another aux where I am "processing" the sound. Now, I am sending the output of both the clean and processed aux channels to another aux where I am compressing both the clean and the processed together, which also provides me with the convenience of 1 fader for volume control over both the clean and processed aux channels. When I started all I had was the clean aux channel and that solely by itself controlled the volume of that instrument, which was what I wanted, but when I did what I said above and made the compression aux, the compression aux became my main volume control for that instrument and so I'd like to add that to the arrangement window (no problem there) and remove the clean aux channel from the arrangement window as it is no longer being adjusted as often, but without deleting it altogether of course as I need it for the sound.

So after creating a new session and doing some troubleshooting it seems, for me at least, that this only happens when I set the input of an aux track to a multi instrument's output (I tried Kontakt and the Exs24). So basically if an aux track is added to the arrange window and it's input is set to anything other than the output of a multi instrument then I can delete it from the arrange window without deleting it altogether. If the input of the aux track is set to the output of a multi instrument and I add it to the arrange window then it cannot be deleted from the arrange window without being deleted altogether. Same for you? Or is my snowflake showing?

this only happens when I set the input of an aux track to a multi instrument's output (I tried Kontakt and the Exs24).

Quick check and you're right, tried it with Ultrabeat and it behaves like that too.

After deleting the track and aux channel, recreate the channel object by clicking the + symbol on the multi out instrument's channel strip.

That works but brings back a reset channel strip, no plug-ins etc.

You can also try disabling the "Automatic management" feature in prefs and see if this behaviour changes.

This works great here. I would recommend you re-enable it right after you've deleted your track so you can resume work with Logic behaving as you're used to.

• 9 months later...

Very odd... When I delete the Bus in Arrange view in the Mixer, it resets the track to it's default track name. Sigh, I may as well go through and set it up the one-time the way I want it to be, and then save it into my template.

BTW, can you explain what 'Add Signal Flow Channel Strips' does when selected / deselected?

Thanks for your help!

BTW, can you explain what 'Add Signal Flow Channel Strips' does when selected / deselected?

It toggles the view of channel strips that are not assigned to tracks in the Arrange area, but that are part of the signal flow of the channel strips assigned to tracks. An example would be an Aux channel strip that one of your arrange tracks sends to, but that doesn't have a track itself in the Arrange area.

You didn't say if any of my previous two suggestions (looking toward the right in your Mixer, and toggling that option on and off) helped or not?

Sorry, I was refreshing the page this post was on, not realizing that it had started a 2nd page for this thread.

I was able to delete the track in the Arrange window, but it renamed the track to its default name, and bumped it to another location. I'm going to have to mess around with this some more to figure out what the program is trying to do.

Thanks again for the help.

• 11 months later...

Hi everybody.

Today I was opening an old session on my Logic Pro 9 and something weird is happening:

On my Arrange window I have a few audio tracks with regions.

When I go to my mixer and hit ALL, to see all my channel strips, it shows me the tracks I have on my Arrange window, but it also shows me like 10 other tracks (audio) that are not in the Arrange.

I know Aux tracks can or cannot show in the Arrange, if I create (or not) an Arrange track for them, but does it make sense that audio tracks that are not in the Arrange window, appear in the Mixer?

My problem here is that these 10 tracks have 5 plugins each (we're talking about 50 plugins that are not doing anything, except eating my computer's processor). I know I can delete them now, but my question is: why is this happening? I'm afraid that sometimes I'm deleting tracks in the Arrange window, but they're still in the Mixer (I always work with the option Arrange, so I can see the same order I see on the Arrange window). This will make "invisible" tracks with plugins that will slow down my process.

Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...