How do you use external effects with logic? [SOLVED]

Buildafriend

• 2 months later...

Related question: I've got the I/O set up all well and good (apparently). My effect returns a signal and I can hear it even with the input muted on my input device so it seems to be getting all the way back to Logic. However, the effect won't print, whether I try it while tracking or during a mix bounce or by using "Bounce Region to Track," etc. Thoughts?

--------

Logic Studio 9 | Intel MacMini 2 gHz Core Duo | OS 10.6.8

Related question: I've got the I/O set up all well and good (apparently). My effect returns a signal and I can hear it even with the input muted on my input device so it seems to be getting all the way back to Logic. However, the effect won't print, whether I try it while tracking or during a mix bounce or by using "Bounce Region to Track," etc. Thoughts?

--------

Logic Studio 9 | Intel MacMini 2 gHz Core Duo | OS 10.6.8

Also, what you can do, if you want to Bounce In Place, which can be more convenient than Real Time Bounce of the output, is to put a synced recording plug-in last in the fx chain, record in to that and then BIP . Melodyne is such a plug in. Don´t know if there are any other recording plug ins out there, think voxengo does one but win only :(

I have purpose built a recording plug in Bidule AU for this that works amazingly for this kind of stuff. If there are any Bidule users who would like to have it, Pm me.

• 1 year later...

Hi, this is my first post :). Sorry for resurrecting a thread, but it came out on google and I feel it's appropriate I ask my question here.

I routed an external reverb through my audio interface on a separate aux bus (Logic 9.1.7, OS X 10.9.2, Presonus AudioBox 44VSL interface), but due to a limited amount of inputs/outputs, I would like to record reverb output on a separate track while I continue to mix the track. What is the best way to do this?

• 5 years later...
A related problem I'm having. I have a Lexicon reverb unit connected to my interface, routed to output 6&7 and returned to Input 6&7, I'm getting the reverb effect through the monitors even if I haven't routed it to the IN/OUT? I'm sure I must have something set up incorrectly, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using a Fireface 800.

• 1 year later...