Hearing the Automation too soon

lowski

Hi guys. I'm noticing that my automation is happening too early. I'm using the AutoFilter and I'm trying to Automate the Bypass function but I'm hearing it kick in earlier then it should.

My Snap mode is set to beat. The Snap Offset is set to 0

Can anyone explain way this is happening?.

Thanks

Thanks David, but I already have that set. Any other Ideas of the cause? Also My tracks starts at 1.1.1.1 So i'm not getting issues from starting too early. The automation sounds like it's happening a beat too soon. I tried to bypassing other plugins and I'm getting the same early timing issue. I tried automating the Volume and I'm hearing it trigger 10 Ticks too late. I'm so confused

Seriously guys? Damn. I hear it clicking on/off almost a beat too soon. I tried this project (and others) on my MBP and MMS and I have the same issue. Could it be a setting or preference issue?. I'm not sure what to do now, I'm so lost. Anyway thanks David and Scott, I appreciate the help.

Also I tried bouncing these regions and they sound as they should. Automation is triggering on time....

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having issues as well - anyone able to figure this out?

edit: turns out my problem was that the preference for sample accurate automation was off. Turned it on and everything is working as expected. Are you still having issues? If so - perhaps your preferences are corrupted somehow?

• 1 year later...
I'm having issues as well - anyone able to figure this out?

edit: turns out my problem was that the preference for sample accurate automation was off. Turned it on and everything is working as expected. Are you still having issues? If so - perhaps your preferences are corrupted somehow?

im having this same issue right now. frustrated beyond belief

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Hoping to get a solution to this... Same issue on my system, already set the "Sample Accurate Automation" to include plugin parameters, no luck. Cannot figure it out and it's completely ruined a project that I had absolutely perfect. Can't bounce it because everything goes out of whack.

• 1 year later...

Note: This reply is just me adding my voice to the crowd on this issue, not really looking for a solution as I've already bit the bullet and recreated the project just to get past this and move on. I did recorded a video of the issue, but I feel like everyone knows what this issue is at this point so not posting it as of now.

I stepped away from the computer to get a bite to eat and came back to the automation (volume and various plugin parameters) playing about 1/8th note too soon on a Track Stack folder. I tried all the solutions here plus a few others but ended up losing a day of work and reverted to a previous session file that did not have the issue.

I'm glad I do the old-school way of manually saving project file versions so I had yesterday's file to fall back on (two days ago at this point as I spend a day troubleshooting).

What I tried for those interested:

• Deleting automation and recreating within same project - didn't resolve
  • Flattening the Track Stack and recreating within same project - didn't resolve
  • Deleting the Track (and contained channel strips) and importing same Track Stack from previous 'working' project - didn't resolve

Fingers crossed this doesn't happen again, I'd hate to have to render out the Track Stack and use the flat audio to finish this project (I know there shouldn't be any quality loss, just sounds like a pain).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I wanted to chime in here as I recently started noticing this issue in a few different projects. Unfortunately, I did many hours of troubleshooting like the rest of you. I can confirm that nothing that has been recommended has worked.

I noticed that this wasn't happening with 'all tracks' and also seemingly not 'all the time'. I thought maybe it had something to do with the size of the project or number of tracks but I tested a very large orchestral project and it does not seem to happen in that project.

I have a 'base template' I work from that only includes Track Stacks, colors, etc. that is organized and setup how I like but includes no instruments. Every now and again I will open this base template and just import large groups of tracks from previous projects as a sort of 'refresh'. Anyhow, I tried this for this issue, that is I opened the base template and imported all tracks from a current project exhibiting this issue. The import did not work - at least not initially.

It occurred to me that typically when I import tracks I select every 'import option' for content, sends etc., and definitely 'automation'. It seemed plausible that perhaps this importing of tracks with automation from different projects, over time was somehow corrupting something in the project automation.

I tried building the current project again from the base template and importing tracks but without importing the automation. I of course needed to re-create the automation by hand after I was done refreshing the project. So far it's working fine and I have not had the same issues with the automation delay.

I thought some more about the large orchestral project that was not exhibiting this issue and realized that I very rarely use any automation in my orchestral projects and so I'm guessing even if 'automation' was selected when I was building that project by importing tracks, it wasn't actually importing any automation and therefore didn't corrupt that project.

Hope this helps someone down the line - this has been driving me absolutely crazy.

I'd be curious to know from the other users having this issue - are you / have you been importing tracks? Are you selecting 'automation' when you import?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

I have this exact same problem and have tried all the aforementioned advice and still have the issue. I even have the problem if I open an empty project template and add 1 audio track, drag an Apple Loop, add a single band EQ and try to automate the frequency and it starts early. Here is a link to see the quick screen capture of the Frequency automation AND bypass happening too early.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ASSFObbzACrCYFGppEwUmyih9x7Cdsk-?usp=share_link

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Spicy

• 9 months later...

For those who are still experiencing the issue despite adjusting this setting, I've discovered a solution!! This setting applies to plugin parameters but NOT THE PLUGIN'S BYPASS.

Therefore, you cannot automate the bypass function of the plugin directly. Instead, you need to automate a parameter within the plugin itself to effectively bypass the plugin (simulate a bypass) without affecting the signal.

In my case, I needed to bypass an eq, I did it by turning off the band through the automations

• Like 1

And over in 2023, we’re still discussing this issue 🤣

And yes, I’ve also learned to do an internal bypass of the plug-in rather than going to ‘Main’ and selecting ‘bypass’ from there as the latter is very laggy.

Edited by Neil Gilmartin