any unresolved issues with OS 10.8 + Logic + UAD2?

Brotherman

Yesterday I updated to OS 10.7.5 and today Logic won't AU-validatew any of my UAD or Antares plugins.

After talking to Apple and the UAD folks, one "solution" I've heard is to do a revert and clean install of 10.7.4 - not something I want to do.

Another, possibly more sensible solution would be to upgrade to OS 10.8 - something I was not planing to do for awhile, but which I may now be forced to do as I produce sample CDs and VIs for a living and I need to have access to those UAD plugins.

So, log set-up to a short question: is the latest version of OS 10.8 cool to use with Logic and UAD plugins?

Thanks -

Steve

I had a lot of problems this week with a similar problem!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87742

But I stay with 10.7.4 now.

Apple releases bad updates at the moment :evil:

About the question; did also read some issues with .8 / Mountain.

UAD2 has a new installer (v6.3.1) but a lot of other companies need to update their plug-ins first before everything works fine (again).

Thanks, Jim and Dynamike, for the feedback. I've also done some more digging since posting here, and it doesn't look as if Mountain Lion is a good idea for me - at least not yet.

I also found others who have had the same issues with 10.7.5 - i.e., several brands of 3rd-party plugins will no longer Au-validate if you do that update. Am now looking into possibly doing an "install in place" to revert back to 10.7.4. This could have been done this easily if I'd been using Time Machine in stead of doing manual back-ups, which up until now had been my preference.

BTW, the UAD folks did say that they're looking for a workaround of patch for this issue, and would contact me if they can solve the problem. If I hear back from them I'll post that info here.

Thanks again -

Steve

Hey Jim -

That sounded like an interesting idea, but when I did an "info" check on the Logic app the "open in 32-bit mode" button had been checked - i.e., I'd been running in 32-bit mode both before and after this problem happened.

Just to check, I also tried running Logic in 64-bit mode, but no dice - Logic had the same issue with not validating the UAD plugs.

Thanks for the suggestion - it was definitely worth a try. Looks like at this point my only option is to try an "install in place" of the previous OS. I'm backing up a couple of current projects right now, before I try that.

Anyone hear of a patch or workaround for that OS 10.7.5 + UAD plugin validation issue? I tried reverting to OS 10.7.4 yesterday - even checked with Applecare to make sure I was doing it before starting - and ended up with a system with the same plugin problem, *plus* Safari wouldn't work. Had to take my MacPro to a computer place to get it running right again because I hand't been using Time Machine and couldn't just revert with that). Now I'm back at 10.7.5 and the UAD plugins still won't validate, waiting for Apple or UAD to fix this issue.