Can't adjust EXS24 sample start/end points in sample editor?

Waymond

Does anyone have trouble editing Aiff files in the sample editor? When I change the regions, it doesn't alter the start and stop points I set them at. Not a biggie because a majority of the samples I work with are .wav. However, it would be nice to know if there is a setting I could change so this doesn't occur. Thanks!

Hello Waymond,

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

Are you trying to change the start and stop point in the sample editor, and expecting them to change accordingly in the Arrange area, but the regions are staying the same in the Arrange area?

We'll need a bit more info: can you share your detailed workflow:

- How do you slice the AIFF?

- How do you open the slices in the sample editor?

- How do you adjust the region start/stop?

In the EXS, choose View > Zone: Sample to see the sample start and end numbers. You should see those numbers updated when you resize the sample in the sample editor.

I drag in the AIFF from my browser, slice up my sample on the main page, and convert to sample to a new sampler track. When editing the sample, I usually click on the sample in the exs and open in sample editor. From there, I adjust the sample in there.

It works when I adjust the sample on the EXS with the start and end numbers. However, the numbers don't change when I adjust it in the sample editor. Any thoughts on why it doesn't work in the sample editor? Thank you, sir!

Alright, I just wanted to make sure we ruled out pilot error - but yes unfortunately you're doing it right and it should update the Sample start/end points in the Instrument Editor. Why it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't remains a mystery: EXS24 can't loop sample

FWIW I haven't had that issue lately and I just tried it again and could not replicate. Rather than chopping the regions in the Arrange area my workflow is to edit the transients in the sample editor and create the sampler instrument using transients markers (not regions). Not sure if that makes a difference but just thought I'd throw that out there.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...