Chord Grid question how to write a GM9

uncle808us

GMaj9.

Yep, the major 7th is part of that chord. I guess it depends on who writes it but as far as I know, when it's written like that the major 7th is "implied".

If that's the case you better prepare yourself for a world of hurt.

Use the Chord text objects in the Score Editor instead. Trust me.

:lol: +1.

J.

Yes, it's a mess -It transposes everything! You can use the Change display only option but I've run into some pretty nasty bugs in the past and simply abandoned it. Maybe it works in 9.1.8?

Hit TAB between your chords in the Score Editor when entering them.

I recommend that you read the chapter about the Score Editor in the manual. It's very easy to misunderstand how it works without having the proper background knowledge.

I have read thru it and I suppose I should go thru it again. I'm getting there. What I was doing at first which I will probably go back to is creating a separate track for the chords, then for fast entry typing the chord then tab to go to the next measure. But like I said, I run into the problem of entering two chords in one measure. One good thing about doing it this way is I can set up Score styles that show (Bass and Chords) (Two Guitars and Chords) etc.

The chord grid is not going to work. Thanks.

• 5 months later...