LPX - Features that were REMOVED

EdgarRothermich

Maybe we should start a list with all the features from LP9 that doesn't exist any more (or hopefully hidden somewhere else).

Here is what I can't find so far:

Global Tracks: Chords

The ability to display bar/beats AND Timecode (this would be really bad) - Now under View > Secondary Ruler

The ability to open the color panel (double click) to customize the color in the color window

Edited by EdgarRothermich

Global Tracks: Transposition

Global Tracks: Video

Right-click and "Configure Global Tracks" and you'll find these. Chord track is gone though.

The ability to display bar/beats AND Timecode (this would be really bad)

The ability to open the color panel (double click) to customize the color in the color window

Agree with both of these. It will be tough to not have these. In project preferences there is a checkbox to switch to a time code ruler but I use both as I would assume most people composing to picture would.

I'll add:

- New Track with Next MIDI Channel (for quickly setting up multitimbral instrument MIDI channels

- You can't unlink windows (the purple chain icon). I like to have the score open to read one part while I play another.

- No custom background color. I'd prefer light backgrounds in the piano roll (like an actual piano). It's hard to distinguish notes, bar lines, and divisions with the new dark color scheme.

- No custom background color. I'd prefer light backgrounds in the piano roll (like an actual piano). It's hard to distinguish notes, bar lines, and divisions with the new dark color scheme.

Damn, are you sure this is not possible? :(

I too would prefer brighter colours…

David,

After a little bit of investigation, Custom track icons are still possible, but:

- Icons now reside in the Application package (under a convoluted folder path that I can't remember by heart)

- they are now multi-layered TIFF files with 5 resolutions embedded instead of simple PNGs. A single resolution TIFF will work but doesn't look as good when maxed out in size obviously.

- once an icon has been moved into the right folder, a .plist file (same folder) must be edited to add that icon to the icon browser. Two references must be added (one pinpointing to the icon file, one to declare what category it falls into)

- it must be possible to add new categories but I wasn't able to find out how yet. (There are references in the plist)

All in all, short of doing it manually, a simple utility could allow users to do it automatically... It just begs to be developed ;) but anyway, the capabilities are there, thankfully!!

J.

I have not tried LPX yet, but looking at the manual:

-OMF importing

-External Movie Playback

CONFIRM OR DENY?

What do you mean "external movie" ?

The ability to use fades on regions that had flex on them. Fades now immediately disable when flex is enabled.

No wonder they removed that. They where never meant to be used together. That's why it always gave buggy results.

J.

I concur. Random pops and clicks all over the place.

How about a custom colour palette? I dig the darker gray, but these neon bright regions will kill me, used to love being able to change by double clicking the colour I wanted to replace and choosing it from the default OS colour wheel... Any ideas? This definitely needs to make it to 10.0.1 or I can see a lot of us getting eye-sore.

I found something.

In Logic 9 I could mute a midi track but still see the notes in score view. This was always helpful to me to compose and see what I wrote in a previously rendered midi to audio track.

Now the notes no longer appear when muted! Is there a way for the muted notes to appear?

Maybe a setting somewhere?

Yea the manual is very short with Flex Pitch for some reason, there's some great videos on it floating around however, can't wait to have a reason to try it out! :) I'm still reeling at how bloody FAST X launches, even with a AU folder full of plugins :P