LPX - Basic Content installation never completes

danlister

I've downloaded Logic Pro X from the App Store and have installed it successfully. Upon opening up the app for the first time, the basic content download begins. The basic content package downloads successfully and starts to install. Has anyone found that the installation of basic content package never completes? The progress bar, for me, stays at the same location and does so for what seems to be an infinite amount of time.

I've tried installing the package manually by finding the basic content package. This seems to work to some extent but Logic thinks that there is missing basic content and tries to download the basic content package again, only for it to sit at the installing phase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated? I've contacted Apple Support which didn't really help much.

Thanks,

Dan.

270939959_ScreenShot2013-07-17at22_52_58.png.14eec92ad42bde5b053dc32a97e97a32.png

I do a lot of big up / downloads as part of my job, and downloads will cease when the Mac sleeps or a screensaver kicks in . I use a free app called caffeine,http://caffeine.en.softonic.com/mac.

I works flawlessly. Just note though there are reasons why there are sleep modes and screensavers, so use judiciously.

I still cannot get past the install screen. I have been on with Apple tech support since Logic came out and after trying to boot into safe mode, creating another user, etc I was finally told today to try the following:

1.Call my ISP and have them clear my download cache file

2. Connect to my modem via ethernet instead of wi-fi and then try redownloading Logic.

3. Take my computer to another location and use someone else's network to download Logic

If none of these work I was told to call back so the engineers can work on some other option.

It sound as if they may be "reaching" for something...how can any of these honestly work?

• 3 months later...

I've tried for 3 days now and still nothing.

Thought it was Mavericks so I did a full reinstall of Mt Lion .

Tried regular, tried safe mode, app cleaner, permissions reset... still nothing.

This is beyond frustrating...

Then I still have to get it to see Omnisphere...

Any other suggestions? OR is it time to go back to Garageband?

Really hoping this works...

2012 Macbook pro

479 Gb hd space available

4 gb ram

Ethernet connection to modem

up to 25 mb/s download

I've tried for 3 days now and still nothing.

Thought it was Mavericks so I did a full reinstall of Mt Lion .

Tried regular, tried safe mode, app cleaner, permissions reset... still nothing.

This is beyond frustrating...

Then I still have to get it to see Omnisphere...

Any other suggestions? OR is it time to go back to Garageband?

Really hoping this works...

2012 Macbook pro

479 Gb hd space available

4 gb ram

Ethernet connection to modem

up to 25 mb/s download

Are you only trying to download the Basic Content?

Is do you can try the direct link > http://audiocontentdownload.apple.com/lp10_ms3_content_2013/ProAudioCoreContent10.pkg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...