LPX Controller Assigment? M-Audio DirectLink & LPX [SOLVED]

mdee

I have an Axiom 61 - 2nd gen Controller. In the past I used M-Audio's DirectLink software which is not working in LPX at the moment. Wondering if someone can give me a simple primer to get (if nothing else) my keyboards transport buttons working in LPX? Thanks.

mdee

Edited by mdee

I found the answer through the Apple Support pages.

For those of you who have lost transport controls on your Keyboard Controller and are waiting for M-Audio to update the HyperControl/DirectLink software you can do the following:

Click on Logic Pro 9 and select Show Package Contents and then navigate to the Midi Device Plug-ins Folder. Open the folder and COPY the device plug-ins. In my case it was Axiom Pro.bundle and Axiom.bundle.

Next you will Click on Logic Pro X and select Show Package Contents and then navigate to the Midi Device Plug-ins Folder. Open the folder and simply PASTE the device plug-ins in the folder. I now have my controls working again!

Ps: I'm using DirectLink version 1.06 and it was running in 64 Bit mode on Logic Pro 9.

Edited by mdee

Thanks for digging that up, mdee!

I followed your instructions and the device is now showing up in the Control Surface Setup in LPX, but the none of the controls seem to work on the Axiom Pro like they used to in Logic 9.

Is there an additional step that I'm missing?

First time all I had to do after copying in the files was to select the two In/Out ports near the top of the Control Surface Setup window. (Select 'HyperControl Out' and 'HyperControl In'.)

Updating to v10.0.1 removed the files so I reinstalled again but this time I had to do a bit more -

I think I also selected 'Control Surfaces' / Rebuild Defaults

and then restarted Logic X a few times. Then it started working again.

My thanks to mdee also.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have also got a problem with using my transport buttons on the Axiom 61 2nd gen. together with my LPX. It used to work when I was

directly connected to a usb port on my i mac. I switched to an apogee quartet and plugged the axiom into the midi/usb connection on the quartet and now my transport buttons and all knobs are dead. I have the 1.0.6. Mac driver installed and the devices Axiom, Axiom 2 and quartett show up in my controller setup window. I can select them (in and output ports) via pull down menu but they have no effect. When I switch my axiom off and on again I get a message saying that the axiom, axiom 2 and directlink midi port are not present. I even have an option to select quartet in and out but this too has no effect on the transport buttons. What am I doing wrong? I read the above post of taking the files from the Logic 9 controller settings and pasting them but that made no sense to me since I can't find the folders that are mention. If I open Logic 9 and look under additional content...there are no such folders or...am I looking in the wrong place? Please help. The transport buttons are invaluable to me in my work process.

• 2 weeks later...
macdad, I had the same problem when I plugged my axiom pro into a USB hub. Turned myself inside out trying to figure out what was wrong when all I needed to do was plug it directly into my Macbook's USB port. Then it worked fine again. If that's not possible, you might try powering the controller with its own adapter, not just USB.