The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

Hi all I have found this thread really useful so big thanks

One things still alludes me which is getting the cycle button in transport to match the green rulers I have chosen in my custom scheme.

Any attempts I make to change tiffs just doesn't seem to work even when I save them without changing format etc & i really can't work it out & my photoshop skills are useless!!!!

Can anyone supply me with the 4 edited tiff files listed below so that they only change the cycle button in the transport to the same green colour as my ruler?

Example image of my ruler for colour match & crap dodgy colour mockup attached obviously I want the cycle button to look like the others next to it just in the right shades of green.

HUGE THANKS

transport_buttons_glyphs

transport_buttons_background

transport_buttons_background_wide

transport_buttons_background_view

green.png.35f4e2af16dbf609dd202a19ede23009.png

• 3 weeks later...

"I relied on the 128 bright colors from cool to warm to instantly decipher what the MIDI Velocity was for every note in a region."

Yeah, "instantly decipher." That's exactly what it was for me, a perception learned after fifteen years on Logic. And what was gained by the changed colors? Who benefits? If I wanted non-differentiated colors, I would have turned down the hue on my monitor.

It is the visual equivalent of shortening the height of a fader on the board. Yeah, the db swath stays the same, but you have a smaller visual reference, and you are required to make smaller movements.

I don't like the larger fonts in Environment, but I get it. It's more readable. I don't even like the partitioning of icons into folders, but I get that too. Less navigating. The colors in Piano Roll... I'm stymied. Uniformity of design? Well, then why keep the colors for Score Styles?

I sent a note to Apple per Jordi's suggestion.

Thanks Pilot -

That helps a lot. Could you help me a bit more? I'm trying to change the background of the file browser and the background in the fields at the upper part of the inspector. Can't find anything in the plist, so I'm assuming it's an image file again. Any idea what there called? How do you locate these things with such unrelated names? Here's a pic. Right side browser and upper left, region / track fields.

Thanks

Jeff

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 3.00.32 AM.png[/attachment]

i LOVED what you did with the icon and darken background

please tell me how i do this ?

They changed the colors again in version 10.0.5. They look a bit better now.

file.php?id=23992

file.php?id=23993

J.

I prefer the new velocity colors, but I wonder why they have lowered the contrast in the background, especially since many users have commented that LP lacks contrast in several areas.

Some DAWs put C, C# D, # E etc inside the 'means' which represent each of the MIDI notes. Logic doesn't, which made the dark and light background lanes (dark for the black keys, light for the with keys) used to be helpful. The difference between the representation of the black and the white keys is so small now that I can hardly se it on my monitor, or at last: it takes more of an effort to figure out which note I'm looking at.

• 2 weeks later...
PROJECT: CHIC & SIMPLE GUI FOR LOGIC PRO X

I believe that the simple beautiful minimum design GUI supports working intensively.

I hope you'll enjoy this design.

H. UPLOAD

I finished this project, and uploaded the zip file to DropBox.

http://p.tl/0nmE (DropBox)

This is first edition, and maybe I'll keep modifying.

Of course, freely, you can modify the files that I made.

Enawas, I can't thank you enough for this theme. I've been using it for a week now and am in love with it! I may try to add some color back into the transport buttons - but everything else is perfect!

Just one question - do you know if you applied any color to plugins that are bypassed due to the "Low Latency" function? Before I installed your theme, I believe those plugins turned orange. Since then, I haven't seen that color in the mixer when using Low Latency.

Thanks again for sharing your hard work with the community!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

sorry for hijacking the thread maybe.

But I need some help with the big marker text window.

we use that window for prompting lyrics while having Logic pro X running the show.

Would it be possible to turn the whole window completely black ? Also the frames ?

What I want to see is a fullscreen black marker text window with white lyrics.

I am also willing to pay a fee for someone doing this for me.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi folks,

sorry for hijacking the thread maybe.

But I need some help with the big marker text window.

we use that window for prompting lyrics while having Logic pro X running the show.

Would it be possible to turn the whole window completely black ? Also the frames ?

What I want to see is a fullscreen black marker text window with white lyrics.

I am also willing to pay a fee for someone doing this for me.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Post your project file here... You may get lucky! :)

Another cup of coffee X.logicx.zip

Logic pro X project

Now I know what you meant, stupid me.

I still call these projects" logic songs".

Sorry for that.

So here is my project.

As you can see on screen set 2, there are the lyrics. The whole window should be completely black in fullscreen mode.

Except the words, of course.

Again thank you for helping me out here.

You pretty much nailed it on screenset 2... Isn't it?

If you really does not want to see the top menu bars which are the only things remaining besides what you want to keep,

how about simply zooming in the view (which I do by Control-wheeling the mouse button) and moving the mouse to center the text on screen; providing that you have set your System Preferences / Accessibility accordingly...

Sorry for writing back so late.

Yes, but I only changed the background color of the text window.

Which is a PITA cause I already did that with all my songs in logic 9.

Logic pro X is changing EVERYTHING back to this brownish background by default.

I really need to have the complete window black and only the words should be white.

No frames no nothing : ))

Your idea is brilliant, I didn´t think about zooming.

There I have the problem, that I can´t adjust the words to be on the middle of the screen anymore.

Oh well....

But thanks for the zooming !

For the pitch black background, have you tried using the font selector window, there is a feature that allows you to set the backgroung totally color (black if you wish). You could also use the computer display adjustments...

To set the lyrics in the middle of your screen, you could move the mouse while zooming, if the mouse is set to point at the middle of the screen.

You could tabulate your text, but that would be tedious if you have many projects!

I think someone was asking how to change the grid in a previous post. Here's how to make it better.

Before. Can barely see the lines. Bleh.

tHXqp52.thumb.png.859280f8e298d2feeb9cdddf05ec472e.png

After. Awwww yeeeeeah!!! NOW I can edit!

7jyOMvF.thumb.png.564ecc08d16019fa4977439b1b009af4.png

How to do it.

1. Make sure Logic is closed. In the Finder go to Mac HD (or whatever your hd is called)/Applications

2. Find the Logic Pro X app and right click it and click Show Package Contents

3. Navigate to /Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

Find MAResourcesMapping.plist and make a copy of it and put it on your Desktop or in your Documents or something. This is the original doc. If you screw something up you can always replace the file with this original.

4. Open up MAResourcesMapping.plist with Text Edit

5. Do a cmd + F and search for "ArrangeGrid_BarLines" without the quotes

I've provided a crappy description of what each key changes. Now change the number beside 255 as I've done here:

Bar lines (main 1, 2, 3, 4 bar lines)

ArrangeGrid_BarLines

GrayColor:{255,85}

Sub-bar lines

ArrangeGrid_DenominatorLines

GrayColor:{255,35}

Sub-sub-bar lines

ArrangeGrid_DivisionLines

GrayColor:{255,35}

Save the file. Open Logic. Check out new grid lines!!!

Hi Atlas,

thank you so much for helping me out here.

Yes, I did change the background color of the text window to black manually for every marker : (

I did that already in Logic pro 9.

And LogicProX switched everything back to dark grey.

But I would prefer that all the LogicProX frames would be black and that all background colors would be black by default.

And only the marker text bright white by default.

Well, I tried another solution.

I found another application called midi presenter.

You can send out program changes to keynote to switch between keynote slides.

Works fantastic. I use a long LAN cable for midi and have the application and keynote running on a separate Mac mini, which is driving the lyrics monitor.

I think, this is at least the best looking solution for now.

Many thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sorry, very long thread. Can somebody point me to a customization that makes everything as black and white as possible? I never used LP9, but something like that would be best. Thanks

Sure, turn down the color all the way on your monitor.

lol

• 3 weeks later...