Logic Pro X 10.0.1 Release Notes

Logic Pro X 10.0.1 update available through the Apple menu on your Mac > Software Update.

Stability

• Logic Pro X should no longer quit unexpectedly when:

• A Track Stack is flattened during playback.
  • Trimming an audio file in the Audio File Editor.
  • Switching from the Audio File Editor to the Audio Track Editor after enabling Flex Pitch.
  • Selecting or moving notes in the Piano Roll.
  • Saving a patch with an edited Smart Controls layout.
  • Several Software Instrument tracks are created in quick succession from Logic Remote.
  • Changing a velocity range in the EXS Editor while playing a note.
  • Deleting an Arrangement marker.
  • A second lane of MIDI data is added with the pencil in the Step Editor.

• Fixes an issue that could cause content downloading to hang.

• Logic Pro X should no longer hang if the Length parameter in the Step Editor was double-clicked.

• Logic Pro X no longer hangs when a settings folder containing more than 138 settings files is accessed from Logic Remote.

Track Stacks

• Tuner is now available when selecting the main track of a Track Stack.

• The output routing on a Drummer Track that has been manually reassigned to an Aux is no longer reassigned to No Output when changing drum characters.

• It is again possible to switch Aux channels that are part of a Multi Output Software Instrument between mono and stereo.

• Resolves an issue in which a copied main track of a Summing Track Stack did not maintain the correct routing for sub-tracks.

• Track Stacks that contain both software instrument and audio tracks will no longer be inadvertently flattened by loading a Patch.

• Multi-timbral tracks are no longer created as track stacks by default.

Score

• Text styles in the Score window event inspector pop-up menu now display the currently selected language.

• You should now be able to import custom Text Styles into a new project.

• Edit focus on selected regions should now be properly maintained when opening the Staff Style window.

• You should now be able to select rests and bar repeat objects in the Score window.

• Mapped Staff Styles no longer improperly show a Transpose value.

General

• Create New Track with Next Channel now works as expected for multi-timbral Software Instrument or External MIDI tracks.

• When Follow is selected in the Drummer Editor, a track is now automatically assigned for Drummer to follow.

• When exporting projects to AAF, 24-bit audio files are no longer converted to 16-bit.

• Resolves an issue in which in some cases notes copied in the Piano Roll ended up at unexpected positions.

• Shift-clicking in the timeline to adjust the cycle range now works as expected.

• The Mixer now correctly shows channel strips when navigating between multiple folders in the Main window.

• Take regions now appear consistently in the Track Audio Editor when they are selected.

• Resolves an issue in which Arrangement markers were improperly resized after being dragged in projects with a start point before bar 1 1 1 1.

• Resolves an issue in which undo did not work after an Arrangement marker was copied.

Nothing really unusual for a point-oh release, as far as I remember LP 8.0 and LP 9.0 were pretty buggy as well. It's become commonplace for software manufacturers to count on their customer base for beta-testing - especially since there are so many various combinations of software/hardware possible and nearly no way of testing them all in house.

Would you say this app is typical in its initial release problems, or do you think the low key release was, essentially, because users would be beta testing....? The hang list seems pretty severe in oh point oh

I for one really don´t mind being an unpaid beta tester as long as it speeds up bug fixing.

Aaaaaaaand...... we have to update our signature.......

Back ontopic. It is probably totally ungrounded I hope but with the new update my project showed some strange behaviour. Remote app does not work anymore, sudden midi pitch bend at the end of a region, all sort of dialogue boxes. However, as I am new to Logic and foolin' around a little I hope that it is me causing all these errors.

If this update doesn't work as expected, there's danger in it being referred to as lo.l

Just kidding. Downloading now. Can't wait! Glad to see the piano roll bug has been addressed so quickly. Kudos to the Logic powers that be.

DAVID: can you make this thread sticky?

lol, you guys are throwing around the term "beta" when 10.0.0 was nowhere near anything close to beta. Some bugs were to be expected for sure

Not to mention that I don't know of any software or OS that comes out and doesn't get bug fixes thereafter. It's just the way things are.

Wow, I'm quite impressed the update was so fast! Very encouraging......

Let's hope for some GUI customization soon (color palette customization mentioned in the manual and custom Track Icons to name a few)

I'll second that, but we should do more than hope. We should all stay on Apple and submit feedback.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Very True!

I had done it already.......

Well my version of 10.0.1 is a shade lighter - I can actually see the insert slots now. So they are listening, although some customisation options would be welcome. Why do we have to have a uniform corporate look anyway? Weren't Apple associated with individual expression and creativity once upon a time? :roll:

• 2 weeks later...