Aux bug in LPX when routing output and send [FIXED]

trancekid

already posted this on GS and thought I might share this here too.

I just opened a Logic 9 song in LX and something was weird so I tried to figure out what it is and found out that they somehow changed the behavior of the sends and busses.

try the following:

- create 1 instrument track and set it's output to bus 1

- create a send on that instrument track to bus 2 and insert any effect

- (output of bus 1 and 2 both should go to Stereo Out 1-2 of course)

- turn down the fader of bus 1 and you will realize that the effect will go down aswell which definitely did not happen in Logic 9 and before !!!

If you know about that it might be helpful, but it definitely might mess up your pre-Logic X audio routings !!!

I wonder if that is a feature or a bug !?!

I don't know if that is a bug or a feature. If you think about it and keep it in mind for new projects created in LX it might be quite helpful.

the thing is - it was different in all other versions of logic so depending on your audio routings opening old songs in LX might get really messy.

something like a setting to toggle between the 2 modes would be much appreciated from my side.

I don't know if that is a bug or a feature. If you think about it and keep it in mind for new projects created in LX it might be quite helpful.

the thing is - it was different in all other versions of logic so depending on your audio routings opening old songs in LX might get really messy.

something like a setting to toggle between the 2 modes would be much appreciated from my side.

No. This is a bug.

Workaround. Pack Original track into a Track stack (folder). Everything works fine from now on

You can flatten it if you want now and it will continue to work.

It seems like the combination of routing a channel to an aux if treated like a new track stack folder that would include the send in the folder, so, changing the level of the bus is working like the master fader of the stack folder.

Sure it's a bug, I can't imagine the problem on big session with lots of groups and sends using aux!

• 2 weeks later...
ouch this one is making it hard to start doing anything serious with LPX yet. I´m sure they will fix it soon enough though

This is actually holding me back as well. I always do stem-submixes on auxes and main and room submix separately. not to mention drums, they go from tracks to submixes to drum bus... 3 routes and each routes gain takes a toll, no way can I keep track of error.