Which Audio Interface should I get?

Recently I bought a MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display and Logic Pro X. Now, I need an Audio Interface that can take 8 mic's (to record drums). The laptop doesn't have a FireWire port and I've heard bad things about FireWire to Thunderbolt adapters.

I've was looking at the PreSonus 1818VSL but am I right in thinking my MacBook isn't supported by that?

Also, I've been looking at the MOTU 8Pre. It looks good, from what I can tell.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Torin

I've was looking at the PreSonus 1818VSL but am I right in thinking my MacBook isn't supported by that?

Shouldn't be a problem, I use USB2 devices connected to the USB3 port of my 13" MacBook Air all the time. Presonus is a good solid reliable brand and I would trust that product.

Another brand to research in that same price range is MOTU.

After that, you can go the next step up which is RME or Metric Halo.

I'm in the same boat as you, looking for the ability to get better live drums. The Motu 828x really interests me because of the price range and Thunderbolt connectivity. here is a link http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828x

I really am aslo thinking about saving for a little longer to take one of the steps David mentioned. I hear so many rave's about RME or Metric Halo.