Who's ready to go to Yosemite (OS 10.10)

I know you don't understand Rorick...

Get the facts straight it was 37 minutes before I posted back to Jay

Thanks for explaining to everyone that I'm stupid.

The only problem is, non-native speakers of English might not realize that your extraordinarily literal read of part of what I said would be regarded by 99.9% of native speakers of English as bizarre. Are you seriously suggesting, as a matter of English, that there is a distinction between "as soon as he posted" and 37 minutes after he posted? You're joking, right?

So, to summarize, lologic is a troll, Ashermusic is in bed with him, and I, the one person in this thread who is apparently running Yosemite and offering first-hand observations about it (which, by the way, is working just fine with Pro Logic X), am stupid.

Anything else you want to contribute?

..........................................................................................................

Laptop run on Yosemite beta; current versions of Logic & Final Cut

Four central processing units, 16 gigabytes of memory, 512 gigabytes of flash storage

Schoeps microphones | Sound Devices recorder & interface | Kawai MIDI controller | VI Labs Beckstein

I am not in bed with anyone in this arguent.

My points were:

1. There are upsides and downsides to changes in technology. Whether you stay pat or if you go with the changes, take the consequences and don't complain. Complaining is a waste of time and energy and tries the patience of those of us who simply get on with it.

2. Not all opinions are equal.

3, Name calling is the refuge of those who cannot make a cogent argument without doing so.

That's it.

My points were:...

2. Not all opinions are equal.

Sorry, but as has been pointed out in this thread, all opinions are of equal value.

Surely it's obvious that whether Michelangelo's David is any good is a matter of personal opinion.

Are you suggesting that Marthe Argerich's evaluation of a piano performance might have greater value than that of someone who knows what he likes?

Thanks for explaining to everyone that I'm stupid.

:roll:

I did not call you stupid.

Re-read all of the posts above.

The only problem is, non-native speakers of English might not realize that your extraordinarily literal read of part of what I said would be regarded by 99.9% of native speakers of English as bizarre. Are you seriously suggesting, as a matter of English, that there is a distinction between "as soon as he posted" and 37 minutes after he posted? You're joking, right?

Huh?

Don't know what you mean by "non-native speakers of English...."

And if you're going to quote someone, most especially yourself, at least write an accurate quote.

you explicitly accused Ashermusic, the minute he posted

My reference to time was was not a joke, it was a matter of accuracy.

Now let it go.

• 2 months later...
Bringing this back to Logic and Yosemite...

I've now been running Yosemite beta 1 for five days and Logic is running fine.

This may in part have to do with the fact that the latest version of Logic was just released, so the programme may well be ahead of the curve on Yosemite compatibility. For example, Final Cut and iMovie are not yet working.

Back on topic. Thanks.

So you've tested Logic X? Anyone tried Logic 9 yet?

i'll move to yosemite the day the final version is released (have one mac at home, and work to do...so will wait for the formal release).

but on that day...i'm on it.

i LOVE new stuff, and finding my way around. and, each new version of mac os x brings (along with bugs, challenges), great under-the-hood changes...which, to me, seem most important of all.

• 2 weeks later...

it looks that for the first time in the OS history a newer system gives better (cpu) benchmarks than the previous one.

Considering how bad my mac has become when i've upgraded from snow leopard to mountain lion, it would be nice if i can get some speed back with yosemite...

i really hope that my old pro-tools 8 HD still works with yosemite...

well, my hard drive died last week. :( so put in a new SSD, and...since i had to reinstall EVERYTHING...i installed the yosemite beta on my macbook pro. then re-installed all my apps clean, migrated files... cleanest, leanest setup i've ever had. and...EVERYTHING works (so far 8) )

AND...logic is rocking. not sure it's much different than my experience in mavericks, but overall (this is only first day) fast, stable. and am LOVING yosemite (dark mode is awesome), the OS feels streamlined, restrained. looks great.

am extremely happy (considering i spent 17 hours over 2 days getting everything back). will see how things go over the next few days/weeks... :mrgreen: