Logic 9 No Mono / Stereo Button on Channel Tracks [SOLVED]

ICN

Got 9.1.1 going on the Mac at the moment..Just loading up all my Plugs / Auth'ing them etc.. now after a fresh clean install of Snow Leopard (& Logic 9 for the 1st time). What a chore! :roll:

Anyway -

Noticed a change in the Channel Strips. They dont have the Mono/Stereo Button @ the bottom anymore.

If you go into the Outputs - you can do either Mono on Output 1, or Mono to Output 2 etc...

Does anyone know if there is "button" somewhere in a settings menu somewhere that needs hitting - or if there is a more straightforward way of making a Mono Instrument Track, than adding a Utility Gain Plug, which has a Mono Button.

The Instrument list does not have an option for Mono & Stereo Instruments such as Albino, Minimoog etc.. only on EXS24 as far as I can see.

Btw.. Audio Tracks still have this feature. Just a bit annoying.

I tried searching the forum & didnt come up with anything that helped - so apologies if I'm duplicating something. The Universal Tracks Button is ticked & the problem persists.

Is it a "New" feature?

Cheers,

J

Really?!!

If you say so Mate, its obviously true.. I could have been so certain that Instruments had this functionality previously.. but obviously not.

I think I've just gone pure mad in the head over the last week getting ready for L9..

That must be it!

Would be a cool feature though! LOL

Cheers David

If you say so Mate, its obviously true.. I could have been so certain that Instruments had this functionality previously.. but obviously not.

No, it never did, and if you think about it, it makes sense: the format button determines the format of the input of an audio channel strip. A software instrument does not have an input, therefore it does not have an input format button. Sound on a software instrument channel strip is generated by the software instrument plug-in itself, so the format is determined by the format of the software instrument plug-in you instantiate. Some of them give you a choice of mono/stereo, some only mono or only stereo (depending on the instrument itself).

• 2 years later...

I'll chime in and resurrect this old thread.

If I put an AU instrument on a track (EWQL PLAY, for example), Logic's channel strip shows as Stereo. (EWQL only has Stereo and 5.1 options from Logic's AU menu.)

I can select Mono Sum from EWQL Play's GUI. And for plugins that don't have that option, I use Logic's Gain tool and select Mono. HOWEVER, the channel strip is still Stereo. I'm trying to add Slate VCC to all my channel strips, and I like most of my channels to be mono (like a hardware desk). Does this really matter?