Logic: Long time, no Love.

I've been using Logic produce and I love it, however, some of the workflows I "feel" are a bit out of date. If logic does come out with an update soon I am switching to Bitwig (when it comes out, hehe), end of story!!!!

:twisted: :evil: :oops: :(

Imho Bitwig is just a 'Live remake' with extra features ('Live 9', wouldn't suprise me if Bitwig actually is Ableton)

I'm more impressed with Studio One, with the very cool Melodyne integration (just drag an audio event to a instrument track to extract the pitch in MIDI)

Imho Bitwig is just a 'Live remake' with extra features ('Live 9', wouldn't suprise me if Bitwig actually is Ableton)

Maybe your right. However, it is new software being written from the ground up... so it probably has a lot of Ableton's bottlenecks resolved.

I like Logics workflow too, Bitwig just looks one step closer to integrating the feature set that separate's logic from Ableton.

- Multitrack recording

- Realtime (flextime) stretching in the arrange window

- Multimonitor support

- Clip automation!!!

- An arrange window that looks very similar to logic's

- The "Native Modular System", which kinds of looks a lot like the environment window.

I'm more impressed with Studio One,

Yea - that is soooo cool! ::drooling::

Indeed...but more like a shameless rip-off, actually! :shock:

J.

I guess that's a more accurate way to put it. :lol:

- The "Native Modular System", which kinds of looks a lot like the environment window.

I was actually hoping Apple would one day extend the Environment's capabilities by adding modular audio and plugin capabilities to make it a complete modular system. Not thinking about how tough it is to add that, but it would be great. I think that's the only real major feature Logic could add, IMHO.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just wondering, what can Bitwig do that Logic cannot do?

Im considering upgrading from logic 9 to X or bitwig/ableton soon. I make electronic music so my music is pretty loop-based, and I can't help but be tempted by able ton's session view for experimenting with different loops or ideas. Its downside seems to be its CPU efficiency, and obviously not as fun to look at as logic. But I have two questions with respect to X:

a) How is logic X cpu efficiency compared to 9?

b) And are there any bugs or things that Logic 9 actually did better than X, or that you preferred?

c) Is there an automation per midi loop feature now?