Logic Pro, emagic AMT8 & Mountain Lion

Hi Guy's

First post on the forum (just to warn you all). I have had a search and cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

Is anyone using the emagic AMT8 with Logic Pro & Mountain Lion? (all versions are up to date just to let you know)

I cant seem to get it to work. In my audio midi setup it says its online but not recognisable inside of Logic

Ah cheers. Is the emagic driver essentially the same as the unitor/amt8 driver? I ran a software update when we linked the midi interface in for the first time and it downloaded the one I mentioned automatically.

I will also check on where it went to once downloaded.

I know how to screen shot but isn't have access to Internet on my mac.

This is what was installed after my initial software update downloaded the amt8/unitor driver.

I can't find anything in regards to the amt8 inside Logic. I noticed last night the amt8 is getting something via the USB as the meter indicates on the unit. Just nothing inside of logic. Even when I create an external midi track there's nothing there.

Apologies if I'm doing this all the wrong way. Hardware side of things is completely new to me and my mate who's studio it is was running it back on g4 I think early 2000's so he is out the loop from plugging in a playing.

CCT is there anyway You could upload the v2.5 driver? Not sure if that will make any difference

Hi

Further to this:

a) Shut down and then restart the Mac (to reset the USB ports)

b) Open AudioMIDI Setup (Utilities Folder) and check the MIDI Window. You should see the Unitor8/AMT8 show up with a blue highlight if it is connected and working.

c) With a keyboard controller hooked up to the AMT8, enable "Test Setup" in AudioMIDI Setup. Play your keyboard... the AMT object should show a blue flash in the 'Input Triangle", and you should hear a beep through the System output. Click on the "Ouput" triangles to check that the AMT8 is transmitting MIDI.

1572659648_AMTAMS.png.ac2efee22fd47857632ada2f84ad1fb9.png

If all good so far, Open Logic, and check that Logic is receiving MIDI in the Transport when you play the keyboard.

Go to the Clicks and Ports Layer in the Environment, and check that Logic is seeing all the 8 ports on the AMT

EMT8.jpg.8b916561480ffcc06f5c0e76aecf119a.jpg

CCT

Hey CCT,

Many thanks for this. I will try it out later tonight. And let you know from here. It seems I have done everything apart from going to the Clicks and Ports Layer in the Environment, and check that Logic is seeing all the 8 ports on the AMT. Also as I mentioned the driver seems to be different so I will try the one linked above.