Software Instruments Disappeared?

Gareth Williams79

Hi everybody, I started using Logic ages ago when it was called Logic Audio 5.5 but I didn't upgrade it last time I got a new computer. I have just upgraded to Logic Pro X and found that all the software instruments I originally used on my songs are not available any more.

I originally used East West/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition for some of their piano and organ sounds but now the on the new version of the same thing all of the ones I used are not included. A bit annoying! Is there a way to get these (below) or similar sounding software instruments today, so I can run them on my new Logic Pro X.

Piano - Steinway B - Steinway Dark

Organ - Brustwerkstp

Organ - Hauptw_Stops

To be fair, Logic Pro X's Steinway Grand Piano sounds pretty similar, but the two organs are more of a problem to replace or replicate.

Hi everybody, I started using Logic ages ago when it was called Logic Audio 5.5 but I didn't upgrade it last time I got a new computer. I have just upgraded to Logic Pro X and found that all the software instruments I originally used on my songs are not available any more.

Your mail is in the wrong forum: this is for MainStage, it should have gone to the Logic Pro X forum.

Anyway. Your AudioUnits are probably very old ones, which are 32-bit only. Logic Pro X is a 64-bit only application and plugins which are 4 years old or older (which was when Logic 9.1 with 64-bit support was released) and not supporting 64-bit, will not work.