MainStage 3.2.3 will not open concerts saved in 3.2.3

Mark K

Upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3.

Concerts open in 3.2.3 but when saved in 3.2.3 all audio sample files are copied (this did not happen in 3.2.2) the save completes and thereafter the concert cannot be opened. The load bar gets to half way and hangs. This happens even though the copy audio options are not checked in the 'Save As' options.

Tried resetting read write permissions for the user account but this did not fix the problem. Anyone experienced this in 3.2.3 and have a solution?

Rolled back to 3.2.2 and found that 3.2.2 immediately noted that the concerts saved in 3.2.3 could not be opened in 3.2.2 . A box popped up saying they were created with a newer version of MS. The concert file structure has definitely changed in 3.2.3 and is not backward compatible.

May only be an issue for those on Yosemite and earlier.

Interesting to see what bug fixes are included in 3.2.4.

I have the same big problem. I tried upgrading to El Capitain but nothing changed. Concert 3.2.2 saved in 3.2.3 do not open anymore. Loading 50% then I've to quit Mainstage.

The 3.2.2 seems to be still working in El Capitain so I rolled back to this version and I'm waiting for new version that I hope will come very soon.

What you can do is open the saved 3.2.3 concert in finder (show content) and drag and drop the patch into the 3.2.2 concert opened into mainstage 3.2.2.

This version in very Windows like.

:cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My concerts created in 3.2.2 now load correctly in 3.2.4.

I think the fix noted in the 3.2.4 release notes referring to external instruments included in patches created in 3.2.2 now loading correctly has resolved my issue with 3.2.3.