Vocoder question

everydayjones

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to hook up a mic to the computer, sing and have the output just a vocoder effect on mainstage?

Yes. I love this btw. Add in your EVOC PS instrument as well as your Audio Channel with proper input. Open your EVOC inst. panel and click "side chain" and choose your designated input from your Audio channel. As far as the presets go on the EVOC I like the [02 Vintage Vocoder>Clear Voice Vocoder] preset as a starting point, but do what you like. Mute your Audio instrument. Sing in Mic and hold down what you want on your MIDI and you should be set.

If you want that "Hide and Seek" - Imogen Heap type of effect your gonna have to play a little more with it. For example, Don't mute your Audio track, but balance it so it doesn't overbear the Vocoder. When you start harmonizing your voice with the chords you hold down on your MIDI you'll start to pull some gnarly layers. I'll usually AUX some pan delay on the Audio channel to wet it down. javascript:emoticon(':idea:')

Also, if you trigger the your MUTE on the audio channel to a controller on your MIDI you can pull on/off your real-voice when you only want the vocoder effect.

• 8 years later...