Ultrabeat doesn't always trigger?

dbboy

I set up a concert with several songs using backing tracks and Ultrabeat for click purposes. When I load the concert I'm noticing that on some songs the tracks play fine but Ultrabeat doesn't. I can see the pattern playing in UB but it doesn't output any sound. If I move around and play other songs then come back, UB sometimes starts playing again! Really flakey behavior. Anyone else with this problem? Any way around it? Thanks.

Hi

I have the same problem with my setup but I didn't find out what's the problem.

This is a really big problem because I also use my UB as a click for the drummer and it really messed up the last 2 gigs.

If anybody can help would be very nice

Grtz

Karel

Hi, You have to set up the UB at the concert level, not the Set or Patch levels. Create a screen control button in Layout, go to Edit mode, select the newly created UB channel strip and map it to UB>Start Stop Sequence. Now your click track will play whatever tempos you have set for the concert and patch levels without glitching, as long as your button is in the 'on' state. Hope this helps

Hi, You have to set up the UB at the concert level, not the Set or Patch levels. Create a screen control button in Layout, go to Edit mode, select the newly created UB channel strip and map it to UB>Start Stop Sequence. Now your click track will play whatever tempos you have set for the concert and patch levels without glitching, as long as your button is in the 'on' state. Hope this helps

Hi, I decided to take your advice and (as I just mentioned on the 'bug' thread) it was all working fine until about ten minutes ago:

Ultrabeat at concert level playing along with and between each patch.

After several patches Ultrabeat stopped playing and refused to restart without restarting MS.

This was worrying because it has been working fine for the last couple of days.

• 2 months later...

I have found exactly the same thing happening to me. Everything else works fine, then UB just won't play. If you restart Mainstage everything is fine again until about five songs into the concert. Anyone come up with a solution? It's massively annoying!

Anything I can turn off in the background? More memory (I only have 2GB at the moment)

Ta