ReWire, Reason instruments and keyboard splits

FaldoBrigand

Hi

This is my first post here and I'm not sure if it's in the right place, so apologies if it isn't

I'm having a problem with running Reason 4 instruments into a split keyboard on Mainstage 2

I've got the keyboard split into 3 sections, two are assigned to channels running Logic instruments, the other is assigned to a channel running a Reason instrument.

The problem is that the Reason instrument doesn't seem to be restricted to the keys I've split off for it, meaning when I play the keys assigned to the Reason instrument, I hear the Reason instrument, but when i play the keys assigned to the Logic instruments, I hear the Logic instrument AND the Reason instrument.

I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing but I can't find an answer in the manual. It is very frustrating

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me

Thanks

I just tried and it's working as expected for me. I have C-2 to B2 playing a Reason instrument, C3 to B4 plays an EVP based strip and C5 on up plays another Logic strip.

These all play independently and are restricted to the keys set in the Layer Editor in Mainstage.

This was just a test and I used the default Reason demo song and pointed the channel strip in Mainstage to the Bass channel in Reason 4.01.

• 2 months later...