Corrupt mainstage concert

kengetz

Performing in a "broadway"-style pit, and have two concerts set up, one for each act of the show. I also have created concerts for the second keyboard. The other pianists' concerts work fine. No matter what machine I run this on, my two concerts seem "corrupted"--that is, Mainstage 2 crashes all the time. Most often, it crashes while saving changes, but it often crashes when I load one of the, and them press a note. If I then reload the concert, it works fine. Mainstage rarely crashes in Perform mode, only in edit mode.

Any suggestions? Any way to resurrect a corrupted concert? Thanks -- ken

Performing in a "broadway"-style pit, and have two concerts set up, one for each act of the show. I also have created concerts for the second keyboard. The other pianists' concerts work fine. No matter what machine I run this on, my two concerts seem "corrupted"--that is, Mainstage 2 crashes all the time. Most often, it crashes while saving changes, but it often crashes when I load one of the, and them press a note. If I then reload the concert, it works fine. Mainstage rarely crashes in Perform mode, only in edit mode.

I had a similar problem and it drove me nuts.

Assuming your concert loads ok (mine didn't) I'd suggest troubleshooting by removing your patches one by one to see if any of them are causing the problem.

Nice idea, but there are something like 150 patches in the concert, and the saving problem is intermittent -- happens around every other time I save. I can't believe there isn't a way to save the concert to a "text-based format", and then reimport it, or do some other diagnostics on it. How can there be a program that's used for live performance that has such a fragile file format, and that can't be resurrected on failure? This is unacceptable. A $500 waste of money. Thanks, though. - -Ken

I had a similar problem and it drove me nuts.

Assuming your concert loads ok (mine didn't) I'd suggest troubleshooting by removing your patches one by one to see if any of them are causing the problem.

Repeat crashes can are usually corrupted plists. Until you delete them the app will hang in unusual ways. Go to User>Library>Preferences and delete com.apple.mainstage.plist

MainStage will now create a fresh one. If you hang again look carefully at the 'report to apple' crash log. If it's a third party plug it will show up as a crashed thread.

bb