Drumloop syncing problems: is this Logic, or something else?

michaelv

This is a serious problem, and one I've not experienced before. I'm writing a piece with drumloops playing off of one of my Mac slaves. All my slaves are connected via ethernet and most of the MIDI connections are handled by Apple's MIDI/Audio network, and generally perform flawlessly. However, on this piece, I have Stylus playing one loop, Storm Drum playing another (both sometimes triggering more than one loop in a multi patch), and MOTU Ethno Instruments playing a couple of rhythm instrument loops. Nothing heavy duty going on here, and in the past I've created far more loop-intensive tracks,with no syncing issues. However, here, the loops are sliding around,all over the place: nothing is staying tight at all. It's puzzling, because apart from those rhythm elements, the track is very lean: a two or three Omnisphere tracks (one a synth "sequencer" rhythm), a couple of Symphobia patches,, plus percussion, brass and strings punctuation, from other slave machines and the host computer,and that's about it.

If I solo the drum parts, they stay perfectly in sync: even two of them playing are OK. But put the whole thing together and there's chaos. I've never had this before, though, on occasions, Albino has refused to "lock up" and required several replays before syncing successfully.I've restarted all computers, with no luck, and even unplugged/ reconnected the ethernet connectors, going into the switcher. Nothing. The other weird thing is, the previous day, everything seemed to be behaving perfectly: until the end of the day,that is, when I noticed things starting to "go out".

Can anyone shed any light as to why this might be happening please? There really shouldn't be any syncing problems with so little going on in the track. Thanks...