Should I import my fav Kontakt 4 piano into EXS24 ?

shaneblyth

Should I import my fav Kontakt 4 piano into EXS24 to help save resources in Mainstage.

I use Mainstage 2 (basically a live wrapper for Logic 9 ) to perform live gigs

There is one piano that is in the Kontakt 4 library I use alot in combination with things like layered strings .

In Mainstage you have a whats called a concert which loads as many sounds as you want to perform in a set or concert. Mainstage does this very efficiently with out double loading samples.

For example if I have a piano sample that I use In EXS24 in 3 different patches , say one straight piano, one layered with strings and one layered with strings and bass in left hand, it will only load the piano samples once even though it is used in 3 patches.

In Mainstage if I use Kontakt 4, unlike EXS24 with the same 3 patches but using kontakt 4 instead of EXS24 Mainstage loads the same piano samples 3 times chewing up alot of extra memory and resources so ends up being very inefficient.

So I am mainly using Kontakt in Mainstage for this one piano sample set

I read that you can import samples from Kontakt 4 into EXS24 and it is more efficient. I assume this is easy to do and being a piano I assume there wont be anything strange in there that will be lost because EXS24 cant handle it. I might be wrong of course.

So should I do this or am I wasting my time. If I go ahead whats the best way to import and any suggestions. I have never tried this before so am a complete Noob at it with zero skills in EXS24 and Kontakt I just use them to play the presets and tweak boring stuff like effects and transpose.

Thanks