Using Busses/Sends

Comma

I'm remapping my Mainstage Setup. Anyhow, I'm thinking of using Sends/Busses etc for my Effects to conserve CPU power.

However, will I have the problem of having to re-adjust all the effects setting when I change Patch since the Busses will be on a global level? Or can I make Mainstage remember them.

I think you're right. Busses and auxes are thought of as concert level. Changing to a new patch won't affect the concert level settings.

Possible work arounds - you've maybe already dealt wit these:

You can assign send levels on each channel strip in the patch.

You can map controls at the concert level to change patches in your FX plug-ins as well as output.

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on where you create the Auxs. I have begun creating all channels, auxes, etc. in a "template" patch instead of at the concert level. By doing this everything is available for mapping and I am pretty sure that each "instance" of the patch template will retain its settings.

When I want to create a patch I just click on the template patch and do a "duplicate" then modify and rename the duplicate.

You're right. You can initiate the Aux channel strip on any level. My answer wasn't clear. But the OP wanted them at the concert level so different patches could share the effect and wanted to know if he could modify the effect at the concert level with a patch change - at least that's the way I understood it.

It all depends on where you create the Auxs. I have begun creating all channels, auxes, etc. in a "template" patch instead of at the concert level. By doing this everything is available for mapping and I am pretty sure that each "instance" of the patch template will retain its settings.

When I want to create a patch I just click on the template patch and do a "duplicate" then modify and rename the duplicate.

Hold the Phone! Any sends you put on a channel (say a monitor send in the "Pre" setting) goes inactive if you duplicate the patch to create another patch. Meaning it won't work at all in the duplicated patch (at least I have exhausted everything I can think of and can't get them to work). The only way that doesn't happen is if you put them at the concert level which of course means you can't adjust settings per patch.