Trying to setup a concert with two mixer layouts

Amfab

I am trying to create a concert with two completely different mixer layouts, (by different I mean different amounts of faders, routing, and postions on screen.)

Here is what I am doing

I created a new MS document then made a mixer and saved it, ill call it Mixer 1.

I created another MS document, made a different mixer and saved it as Mixer 2.

In the Mixer 2 document I went to the patch list, selected the concert and exported by choosing save as set.

I would like to import the Mixer 2 into the Mixer 1 concert so I can switch between the two mixers.

But

when I import Mixer 2 to the Mixer 1 concert by going to the patch list and chosing load patch/set the layout of Mixer 1 gets applied to the imported Mixer 2.

Am I missing something completely obvious here? I want the new layout to import.

I searched the manual, help, and these forums and cant figure this out. Any help in getting the desired result of two different mixer layouts would be greatly appreciated

TIA

When you say layout, are you referring to mapping? Or is this the physical layout of the mixer itself?

You can't bring in mapping, unfortunately.

If it's the physical layout, try this: Save the mixer by grouping all elements, control click and select add to palette (option p). This will be saved in the screen control palette area under My Grouped Controls tab. You can now drag this into any concert.

Thank you for the help, but there seems to be a bug because when I group that many things the graphics freak out, move and resize.

Very dissapointing, it would seem like a simple preference to add–

the ability to have different setups within the same concert.

Maybe Concerts>Sets>patches&venues or something so you can configure a pedal board for one set up and a mixer for another.

I guess I will just have to have multiple files open and switch between them that way

....kinda weak