Mainstage 2 Improvements when working with Kontakt?

KeyboardMan

In the previous version of Mainstage, you had to load a new instance of Kontakt for each scene change in Mainstage. This ate up RAM pretty quickly and was very inefficient.

Has this been improved in Mainstage 2?

The memory usage of Kontakt is a Kontakt issue, what can an application to if a plugin requires a lot of memory?

However MainStage 2 allows aliases to channel strips to limit the number of instances of the plugin actually used. That might solve the issue in certain cases.

Thanks for your reply!

So just to be clear, in Mainstage 2 I could load a large symphonic orchestra into Kontakt, and use that same orchestral sound within a singular instance of Kontakt across multiple scene changes during a live performance.

Is that correct?

In Mainstage 1, you had to load a separate instance of Kontakt {and the orchestra} for every scene change you wanted it to appear in.

Thanks for your reply!

So just to be clear, in Mainstage 2 I could load a large symphonic orchestra into Kontakt, and use that same orchestral sound within a singular instance of Kontakt across multiple scene changes during a live performance.

Is that correct?

Yes, with the expected limitations: because the instance is shared between patches, any change you make, will affect all the other patches.

Thanks for your reply!

Is that correct?

Yes, with the expected limitations: because the instance is shared between patches, any change you make, will affect all the other patches.

So it is something of use only really in sets then.

I never understood the sets idea. I am a little cautious and prefer to make separate concerts and load a new one for each set as it only takes a minute or 2 and it lessens the load on the system especially of you use a ton of different sounds