Playback behavior on patch change

zeg

So I've been scratching my head to determine what I may have missed, or whether this is a feature/bug of the software. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

This is kinda specific so bear with me for a moment.

I've set up a backing tracks mixer using 5 grouped instances of the playback plug-in. They are all assigned to the same group and the transport controls work fine together and just as I expect in every case, except one important one. Specifically when I play a song, and let it play all the way through to the end of the file (i.e. to the end of the song), and THEN I do a patch change (i.e. load the next song), the Playback Plug-In automatically starts playing the next song. I want it to wait until I hit play.

This only occurs when the currently loaded song reaches the end of the file, and then I do a patch change. It does not occur if I stop the song in the middle, and then do a patch change. It does not occur when I first load the concert file, and choose a song from the middle of the list, for example either. Only when I have played one song through all the way, then I am forced to do the patch change, hit STOP, then Return to Start, then Play when I'm ready to start the tune.

I have unchecked the option to "start on patch change". I have saved the concert and the individual patches each with the transport parameter set to STOP. I have set the STOP/Play parameter to "revert to saved" (i.e. STOP) on patch change. Nothing seems to get it to wait until I hit play to start after a patch change once the previous song has played all the way through. Again, everything works fine, if the song doesn't play to the end.

BTW, I set up this concert from scratch, but the same behavior occurs in the playback mixer template that come with the software.

Any suggestions? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...