Mainstage-I need to trigger Mp3's on a keyboard?

lperryman

I have an Axiom ...I just want to set up a program on MainStage with the left hand triggering three separate samples assigned to three different notes and in the right hand some strings etc...How do I get the Audio files into the channel strips to work with them via the keyboard?

I can use the 'Playback' in the channel strip and drop them in but that's no good as you have to either run the player or use a pedal....It's probably pretty simple? Maybe I have to set up and save as an instrument using EXS24 sample first perhaps....

Any help greatly appreciated ...sorry for being a idiot! ....

It's a lot of work setting up this Mainstage for gigging in bands but gonna stick with it as still like the idea of one main 88 board and maybe a small analoque synth to complete this digital stuff ..but running samples is so nice ..Spend so many years trying to replicate sounds using Triton Extreme's etc now you can just rip the samples so easy and get em in the Laptop to trigger...guess main problem will be CPU and RAM when you load a lot of soft synths etc and try em live...but heah lets see....

Anyway ...thanks again for a quick response...That Logic Ninja guy on YouTube is v.good as well ...

thanks again....Lou

It's a lot of work setting up this Mainstage for gigging in bands but gonna stick with it as still like the idea of one main 88 board and maybe a small analoque synth

thats pretty much exactley my live setup! mainstage is brilliant, and using external synths is now even easier with mainstage 2 actually implementing an external instrument channel strip.

but running samples is so nice ..Spend so many years trying to replicate sounds using Triton Extreme's etc now you can just rip the samples so easy and get em in the Laptop to trigger...guess main problem will be CPU and RAM when you load a lot of soft synths etc and try em live...but heah lets see....

create a new user on your computer that has nothing on it but mainstage, leave airport off and all those little tricks (you can find them all over this mainstage sub forum) to improve the performance. put effects like reverb and delay on buses instead of every channel strip you want them on and then you've only got one instance to load.

if you're careful you can have quite a lot going on without using up too much of your resources.

Anyway ...thanks again for a quick response...That Logic Ninja guy on YouTube is v.good as well ...

thanks again....Lou

no problem. yeah Dave is great! enjoy mainstage!!