Question for people using the LoopBack Function

backslash

OK for those of you who have been using Loopback for live performances I have a question. I don't want to say it's a bug, but I can't figure it out.

here's the short version

record loop for 6 sec.

hit play (to stop the recording and play the loop)

Hit record again (and record for longer than the initial loop of 6 secs)

Result: all overdubs are played back at half volume

The initial loop sounds great, but all loops recorded thereafter are very faint, half volume. A quick way to fix this is to never have the oevrdub record past the initial recorded loop. But why? What is the reasoning behind this. I don't think its a RAM thing, becuase our Jamman pedal was recording to flash memory and didn't have this problem.

here's our live setup

MainStage 2.1, 10.6.2, MDP24, FCB1010, Axiom 61, FireBox, MBP 2.4 4GB

Are you using the same patch when playing the next overdubs?

If not, have you made sure that the BUS from the instrument you're playing to the loopback plug-in is set at 0.0?

The playback plug-in does not record from the direct out of the instrument channel but from the bus, this allows for the effect that you're experiencing but if you don't want it to be quieter on playback, increase the send level.

Hope this was of some use :wink:

thanks for responding. yes, the audio channel has its own discreet output but also contains a send to a bus (which contains the loopback) . We have the FCB1010 mapped to control to amount of send and everything. Still can't figure it out. It seems that MainStage has a strange way of recording overdubs when the overdub record extends beyond the original loop recording time.

-Brian

LogicProChicago.com

MainStageTemplates.com

MBP 2.4, 4g Ram, MainStage 2.1, Logic 9.1, FCB1010 Axiom 61, MDP24, Firebox