Logic to Mainstage

Robizzle

Hi, I am a first-timer with Mainstage but I work quite a lot with Logic. I now updated to v9 since I was told that Mainstage has improved a lot and I should try...

Well, I am looking for an option where I can "simply" import a whole Logic project into Mainstage. Is that possible? Or do I have to create every instrument, every setting, every audio channel etc. manually?

Thanks for your help

Robin

Well, I am looking for an option where I can "simply" import a whole Logic project into Mainstage. Is that possible?

No, it is not possible. MainStage concerts consits out of Sets and Patches, a Logic song has tracks. How should they be imported?

But you can import the CST into MainStage quite easily.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am a first-timer with Mainstage but I work quite a lot with Logic. I now updated to v9 since I was told that Mainstage has improved a lot and I should try...

Well, I am looking for an option where I can "simply" import a whole Logic project into Mainstage. Is that possible? Or do I have to create every instrument, every setting, every audio channel etc. manually?

Thanks for your help

Robin

Although you can't import an entire project, you can move your channel strips between the applications. Whilst in Logic, click on the "settings" tab at the top of the channel strip you wish to import into Mainstage. You will see "Save as Performance" - give the performance file a suitable name and quit out of logic.

Open a concert file on Mainstage and look for the channel strips. Click on the "Settings" tab on the top of a channel strip (or add a new channel strip) and look for the entry "Performance". Under this, you will see any performance setting you have saved whilst in Logic.

You will now see the channel strip you created whilst in Logic - of course, automation, midi information, etc. doesn't get exported but your coveted sounds are portable - and for live performance, this is what's important!