Loops Clipping

bigdaverotheroe

Hello Folks,

I have a bit of an issue in that I am using numerous instances of the playback plugin at once, all playing backing loops that begin and end at the same point (every 4 bars).

Now when I have one or two of the instances playing, it's fine, but when I start to introduce a third, fourth, fifth etc, there is an increasing CLIP at the point where the loops end and start over.

I have a distinct feeling this is a RAM management issue, but is there any way of eradicating this without shedding out cash that a starving musician such as myself can barely muster? Maybe routing more power to Mainstage somehow?

Cheers for any help,

Dave

• 1 month later...
Hello Folks,

I have a bit of an issue in that I am using numerous instances of the playback plugin at once, all playing backing loops that begin and end at the same point (every 4 bars).

Now when I have one or two of the instances playing, it's fine, but when I start to introduce a third, fourth, fifth etc, there is an increasing CLIP at the point where the loops end and start over.

I have a distinct feeling this is a RAM management issue, but is there any way of eradicating this without shedding out cash that a starving musician such as myself can barely muster? Maybe routing more power to Mainstage somehow?

Cheers for any help,

Dave

Is this perhaps because the loops are increasing the overall and clipping? Have you tried selecting the channels and reducing the volume so that the sum is not overloading the main outputs? You could also submix the outputs to an aux so you can have one level control. Alternatively, try putting a limiter on the master, or if you do the aux submix, on the aux.