Mainstage 2 latency is variable

LaRssA

Hi!

I'm currently using Mainstage 2.1 on a gig with two keyboards. All software is up to date, and my setup is as follows:

Macbook pro 2.8ghz 4gb ram (standard config - bought a month ago)

Triton Extreme 88

Axiom 61

Terratec Producer Phase 26 (old interface, but it has what I need...)

The Triton is connected to the terratec with MIDI, and the axiom and terratec is connected to my mac with USB direclty - no hubs.

My problem is: The latency varies over time. It seems like the longer I use it, the longer it gets. If I then go on and change the buffer setting, it "resets", and the latency is normal. (note that I can run 32 samples without any pops or clicks and the CPU level aren't that high.) I've tried wieh the I/O Safety Buffer both on and off, but it doesn't matter.

The thing is that every time I struck a key or move a controller, it takes some time before the MS graphics updates, but the graphics and the sound is always in sync. This is why I don't think it's the audio interface.

The delay displayed at the bottom of each fader in MS aren't close enough to be the cause of this - although I'm using some limiters with a bit of look-ahead.

I should also mention that my pedals are overlapping at times - at least on the graphics. One of them works only on one, but the other one seems to press down both. I use two sustain and one exp. that is connected to my axiom. Could this be it? midi-"feedback". if so - isn't it weird that it come goes? I noticed now that the "midi trough" is set to automatic on the layout - would it make a difference to change these to "do not pass trough"? (I will try later on today at a rehersal...)

Hope I've included all the info needed, and PLEASE HELP ME!! It's kinda hard to use MS if there's no solution to this...

I am not clear as to what your problem really is.

I use two different set ups with mainstage.

The concert and its contents are the same for both, but what is different are the keyboards used.

One set up is basically a USB from each keybrd to the comp. Once I assign them to the upper and lower display keys, they work fine. This is what I use at rehearsal.

My other set up requires a midi interface for both keyboards. So I use a midisport to combine the midi and then it is converted to USB for the computer.

After the initial boot up, I can get up to a 10 second delay between pressing the keys and hearing the keys. This ended up being the fault of the midisport and the quick fix is to simply unplug the usb cable and re-insert it once mainstage has loaded. Everything works fine after that.

Are you having these problem with ONLY the Axiom connected?

Keep in mind that each device connected should be set to its own separate midi channel.