iMac on stage with MS2 ? anyone using got comments

shaneblyth

I have a 2 year old Macbookpro with 17" screen 320gb drive 2.33 ghz core 2 dup and 3 gb ram and thats the max it will take.

I was thinking of updating it in the future but wondered if i shouldnt consider an iMac for MS2? is nyone using one ? A Macpro is too expensive. I wondered what options there are to carry this safetly about? a road case of some kind? I carry my laptop myself in my vehicle in a nice bad but feel that screen protection in transport would be a bit issue.

I also could get a high spec unit for less than the laptop.

I see that the 21" doesnt seem to have an option for the quad core i5 or i7 which kind of sucks though.

cheers

I have a 2 year old Macbookpro with 17" screen 320gb drive 2.33 ghz core 2 dup and 3 gb ram and thats the max it will take.

I was thinking of updating it in the future but wondered if i shouldnt consider an iMac for MS2? is nyone using one ? A Macpro is too expensive. I wondered what options there are to carry this safetly about? a road case of some kind? I carry my laptop myself in my vehicle in a nice bad but feel that screen protection in transport would be a bit issue.

I also could get a high spec unit for less than the laptop.

I see that the 21" doesnt seem to have an option for the quad core i5 or i7 which kind of sucks though.

cheers

Why bother if it is currently working for you?

[

Why bother if it is currently working for you?

I just got Trilian and own stylus RMX and am considering Omnisphere and these plugs absolutely kill cpu and ram. I need more than 3gb which is my models limit, plus a quad core would be awesome.

I don't know what to say. It seems there are many users with large systems who are still having problems, but that is in Logic. It would suck to get an iMac /w 16G of RAM only to find out it won't work well.

Luckily, MS will load up what you need. If you only need a few specific instances of a synth (or whatever) and you plan on tweaking, it could easily work.

With Snow Leopard, and 64 bit apps coming out, I would stay away from ANY comp that cannot be upgraded beyond something like 16G of Ram. That's why I say to hang on until we see what's next with these comps.

They are not yet priced to be disposable so it doesn't make sense to ditch a working comp for something that will be equally useless in a few years.