Anyone using MainStage2 in 64-bit?

TonyTallarico

I am experiencing difficulties with 3rd party plugins and MainStage2. From what I can understand, using MainStage2 in 64-bit may in fact clear up these problems. Is anyone using it in 64-bit as opposed to 32-bit?

Am I correct to understand that if I did use MainStage2 in 64-bit I must upgrade my Mac Notebook Pro from Leopard to Snow Leopard in order to take advantage of 64-bit?

:?:

From what I can understand, using MainStage2 in 64-bit may in fact clear up these problems. Is anyone using it in 64-bit as opposed to 32-bit?

Am I correct to understand that if I did use MainStage2 in 64-bit I must upgrade my Mac Notebook Pro from Leopard to Snow Leopard in order to take advantage of 64-bit?

:?:

At this point it probably won't help anything except with plugins that have been rewritten for 64-bit. And yes, you must upgrade to Snow Leopard. I'd say it's probably not worth it yet.

Hey Matt, thanks for your input on 64-bit. I am having so many problems with 3rd party plugins (and Kontakt) that I'm willing to take a chance. It's only $29 to upgrade to Snow Leopard and then just a matter of a mouse click or two to run MainStage as 64-bit. If it doesn't solve any problems - at least I gave it a shot. I've tried everything else with little or no success. And who knows, maybe running Snow Leopard will one day be a good thing as MainStage hopefully improves and develops over time. :wink:

Hey Matt, thanks for your input on 64-bit. I am having so many problems with 3rd party plugins (and Kontakt) that I'm willing to take a chance. It's only $29 to upgrade to Snow Leopard and then just a matter of a mouse click or two to run MainStage as 64-bit. If it doesn't solve any problems - at least I gave it a shot. I've tried everything else with little or no success. And who knows, maybe running Snow Leopard will one day be a good thing as MainStage hopefully improves and develops over time. :wink:

Got latest Kontakt It didnt like 64bit mode

It seems the plug is 32bit so has to load the 32bit bridge application on start up os MS2 and then Kontakt doesnt like it at all. So I let MS2 load in 32bit mode and now all is happy.

Funny you should mention Kontakt - that's why I started investigating 64-bit because Kontakt keeps crashing MainStage 2 and NI or vir2 techs don't know why. I thought it was the vir2 plugins. Guess not. One tech suggested downloading the very latest Kontakt which is 4.0.5 - but I don't see it anywhere on the NI site. Ever feel like you're going around in circles and not accomplishing anything? :oops:

Funny you should mention Kontakt - that's why I started investigating 64-bit because Kontakt keeps crashing MainStage 2 and NI or vir2 techs don't know why. I thought it was the vir2 plugins. Guess not. One tech suggested downloading the very latest Kontakt which is 4.0.5 - but I don't see it anywhere on the NI site. Ever feel like you're going around in circles and not accomplishing anything? :oops:

i have 4.04

Updated my Mac to Snow Leopard. (Also updated Apogee Duet software). Am now running MainStage2 in 64-bit (luckily all my 3rd party plugins passed validation - although they are still in 32-bit). Everything is running smoother. Memory usage is down and CPU is not freaking like it was. (The memory bar in 32-bit was showing me at practically 90% and all I have are 15 patches in this particular Concert. Now it is down to about 25%.) I could swear it also sounds better.

What is also mind blowing is that Kontakt is not crashing MainStage anymore!

So far - so good. :shock: