Alesis Trigger and the Roland KD Kick pad with Main Stage

crencigarcia

I am trying to setup Main Stage with the Alesis Trigger io and the Roland KD-8 Kick Trigger pad.

I will like to use this Roland Kick Trigger pad in my band as my bass drum to take advantage of the drum library from logic pro.

PS. I have a MOTU micro lite with 5 midi in and 5 midi out, just in case I need it for this conection.

Thanks a lots!

Krency Garcia

I'm not sure how much I can help you - I've never seen either device.

On a basic level you need to connect the devices' MIDI output to your computer. If they have USB you can probably connect them directly if you have free ports. The MIcrolite could work as a hub. Additionally, make sure you have the most recent drivers from all the manufacturers. You probably should open up the AudioMIDI setup and see if devices show up there. Or you can just open up MainStage and see if it shows MIDI info in the top window when you trigger either device. If it doesn't, you need to for sure go to AudioMIDI setup and see if the devices are showing there. If not, check cables, confirm drivers, etc. Once you can see them working in MainStage's MIDI window, you can begin to map them. Let me know if you have them working in MainStage.

Hi, I have the Roland KD-8 kick trigger pad conected to the alesis trigger's #1 inpuut wich is for kick. than from the midi out of the Alesis Trigger to the midi in of the MOTU micro lite, than from the micro lite USB to the computer.

I also have my Axiom 61 conected via USB to the computer, and when I hit the Roland KD kick trigger it sound with one of the Axiom 61 note with any sound that I program in the Axiom.

How can I separete the Alesis trigger io that is conected with the Roland kick trigger, from the Axionm 61, and so I could assign any of the drum sound of Main Stage to the kick trigger?

Krency Garcia

I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with your devices to give you specific instructions.

Sounds like you want to trigger different sounds on your devices and right now the Axiom is triggering sounds you'd like the Alesis/Roland to trigger?

If MainStage sees your controllers, you can assign them to different screen controls in the Layout window. (Keyboard, drum pads, for example). Name these so when you go to edit mode you know which is which and map them to channel strips. If a controller isn't mapped to a channel strip, it can't trigger it.

Hi, I am geting the sound now individual of each one of the kick trigger and the Axiom but when I select the patch for the kick the Axiom does not sound and when I select other patches the Axiom work with sounds but the kick sound with two sounds mixed.

How do I map them to work together but with different sound of patches?

So, to understand your flow:

Roland KD-8 connected to Alesis trigger, MIDI output of Alesis to MainStage via MOTU micro lite.

Axiom via USB to MainStage.

What shows up in Layout Mode when you select a screen control, go to the inspector and select the devices menu?

Hi, When I select a channel strip, the Software Instrument Channel Strip Inspector shows up. In the midi input, it only says keyboard and shows the option for the Axiom only. No option for The MOTU micro lite and it shows up in the layout mode when I select a screen control, I can see it in the Screen Control Inspector- Hardware Input- Devices.

Thanks!

Again, I don't know any of your gear from ever using it so I'm guessing.

I don't think it helps that MS sees the micro lite. You need it to see the devices connected to it. Some possibilities:

You've never told me if the devices are visible in Audio MIDI setup - you may need to physically cable the Roland and the Alesis objects to the micro lite object in Audio MIDI setup.

You also may need to create a screen control and map that to the micro lite if you haven't already cone so.

It's also possible you could cable things differently. I just don't know your gear to advise properly. I'm traveling for a few days and won't be checking the forum again until Monday. Maybe someone else can advise you or I can see where you're at then.