External softsynths with MS...severe lags suddenly develop

Maddcow

Hi all. I've been using MS2 since it came out and am using some softsynths (hosted in Plogue Bidule) but with their audio being routed into MS. (The MIDI data is being sent from MS>Bidulee via a Bidule virtual MIDI port) Since the latest MS update, I'm finding that after a period of time during a gig (and after numerous patch changes directly via my WX5 wind controller), a severe lag suddenly develops between my sent MIDI data and the actual audio being produced....such that the synths become completely unplayable. I've found that closing and restarting Bidule resolves the problem but I'm not convinced that the problem is actually with Bidule. It's almost as if the 2 applications develop some kind of buffer issue with each other but the weird thing is that it seems to happen after I've changed patches a few times and have been playing the synths but then had a break....and then there's suddenly a 1/2 second lag when I start playing again that definitely wasn't there before.

I had some occasional issues with this early on when MS2 was first released but haven't had a problem for a while now.....until a gig last night where it seemed to happen at least twice per set! And last night's gig was the first I'd done since that latest MS update....a coincidence, or something else??

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance

Gary