Help: Using Cycle Button in Playback

dllighthouse

Hi,

I'm trying to program a concert where I'm playing some backing tracks in Mainstage 2. I've imported .aiff files into the playback plug-in with markers. There are sections within the track (like a few measures) where I want to cycle between two markers and then, in real time, end the cycle mode and move on as normal to the next marker (without making a 'jump' to the next marker). However, everytime I "de-select" the CYCLE button, it always stops the backing track completely and takes me back to the beginning...in other words, it doesn't just continue playing. Can I cycle certain marker sections and then stop the cycle mode and just continue on through the rest of the track? Or is this impossible? Here is what I've been doing.

1. I import the aiff file into Playback plug-in.

2. I press the play button.

3. When I get past the marker where I want to begin cycling I press the 'Cycle' Button.

4. The track starts to cycle between the two marker points.

5. When I want to move on and continue to and through the next marker I "deselect" the Cycle button.

BUT, again, it just stops the track and takes me back to the beginning of the entire backing track.

What am I doing wrong? Do i need to map things differently?

Please help!

Hi,

1. I import the aiff file into Playback plug-in.

Please help!

Without more info... a little hard to pin down. But, the MS user guide says that your track with markers should be a .caf file. You say you're using .aif files for that.

I always bounce one of my tracks that's intended for playback as a .caf audio file - which contains the markers that I set up in Logic on the timeline. This always works for me when going in and out of cycle mode.

Try that.