Help to Logic newbie needed

jonnik

Hi! I'm really new to Logic and in using pc/mac in music. I've played hardware keyboards and synthesizers all my life but now I decided to explore logic. I usually play live so I decided I want to try mainstage and know more about it. I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to use arpegiator in Mainstage and if yes, how?

2. I've installed full version of logic 9 including all audio contents dvds and jam packs but I haven't noticed that in mainstage the number of patches increased greatly. Maybe I need to do something to plug in the patches from those dvds into Mainstage?

3. I need advice on multi-samples/patches libraries and vsti-s which I can buy and use on logic mainstage. So far I have been using great preset sounds on my hardware workstations/synthesizers which I tuned very little (just effects). This is very convenient for me since I don't want to spend a lot of time creating my own sound and want to use mostly preset sounds that are great just out of the box. I'm looking the same for my mainstage. Can any advice such libraries/vsti-s? I'm specifically looking for rich and good pads, leads, fast synths and sound effects. I also don't want to end up in hundreds of libraries. I want a limited number of those but which comprises very good set of those.