Software instrument volume trouble!

LeoS

Hello!

I am new to the forum, so Hi! everyone, and hope I do this right...

I have made a mainstage setup with a basic usb-keyboard and an Akai LPD8 controller assigned to change patches and different parameters.

It has worked just fine until the other day, when suddenly the volume of the ESX24 and EVD6 software instruments almost disappeared.

The meters are going up, everything looks normal, but hardly any sound is coming through.

The strange thing is that all other instruments are fine.

Also, if I use the ESX24 sampler instruments, they are fine, it is just the synth that´s gone.

Have anyone experienced this?

Thankful for help!!

Cheers / Leo

Mainstage 1.0.2 (Logic 8 )

Powerbook Pro, OSX 10.5.8

Yes, I think.

Are you saying that everything looks normal, sounds normal - then suddenly one of the Instruments no longer has sound?

I have had that happened a few times mostly while practicing, but it did happen live. I never did figure out why because I had to get the sound back in a hurry and then forgot about the WHY.

This is without any controller other than the midi keyboard itself.

One time I found it to be the Expression knob was somehow assigned (to what I don't know) and it turned itself down, resulting in no volume. The rest of the time , the mysterious problem arose and I had to either reload a new track and instance of the instrument - or - click to different sections of MS and back to that track. The sound re-appeared.

Just be careful and aware of everything when setting up patches. That mapping thing can get confusing if you are in a hurry and accidentally map one key to somehow shut of the sound of the channel.

Thanks for that!

It happened from startup, and now those instruments behave like this all the time.

The weird thing is that the sound is not completely gone, it is just very, very low.

But it looks perfectly fine.

And when I play the same instruments inside logic, with a clean project, the result is the same, so it shouldn´t be because of the controllers.

I am very confused...